maintenance on average in a year

turtle*

Sep 6, 2007
Chicago
So i've been reading all the complaints on here about repairs well trying to aleast. I catch a couple of bigger threads a day and skim thru the FS threads often.

Given the fact that i should be able to do 9/10 repairs needed. Minus items requireing lifts.

Metal Head gasket with head bolts. $500 would that be fair to say in parts when it comes down to replacing all the gaskets needed.

Parking brakes, seems like a rear cables just needs replace or adjust. Worst case i think it will need rear brakes and cables -$200.

Targa leaking- new seals- ???

Any MORE THEN COMMON problems i'm overlooking. Obviously things like clutchs, brakes, rubber anything is more of a 50/50 on the cars but the BHG and the rear brakes seems more like 75% of the cars for sale needs it.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
supra_ed said:
am i the only one who constantly has little stupid shit go wrong with the supra?? i love my car more than anything (ive always wanted a turbo targa supra) but it gets real annoying and downright depressing sometimes. but i guess its worth it when it works......

You're definitely not alone. The way I've been feeling lately I may very well be driving something else next spring.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
foreverpsycotic said:
not too much requires lifts, just space and some jackstands.

2nded. I do 99% of the work on my car in the back of a parking lot with no power tools, just a good basic set of wrenches (reverse wratcheting wrenches), a good set of sockets and socket wrenches (3/8" drive works for almost everything, although 1/2" drive is needed here and there) and extensions, along with a good breaker bar (small jack handle works great, I put mine over my 3/8" socket wrench all the time), and of course a good set of screwdrivers and a jack and 4 jack stands (trust me, 4 stands is a live saver at times).

Adam