MA60/MA70 Unsafe??

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Well it's really hard to determine what's best I think. a lot of people have survived horrible wrekcs by being thrown from the vehicle, either by the windshield or other way, and then of course, a lot of people have been seriously injured or died.

The whole point to this thread though, is that someone was smoking crack when writing that report. I think most people here would agree that Mk3s are pretty safe cars for their age

PimpiNJ253

Supraless
Sep 15, 2006
Kent, Washington
www.myspace.com
marc3 said:
i heard that mk3 were rated unsafe to pedestrians cause of the pop-up lights, they won't skid properly over the hood,cause of the lights.that's also why there isn't a car sold in america with pop-ups anymore.

you sir are wrong. the newer vettes still have popup lights. I have seen one just a couple of weeks ago with em.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
PimpiNJ253 said:
you sir are wrong. the newer vettes still have popup lights. I have seen one just a couple of weeks ago with em.
no, they got rid of the pop-ups in like 2005 i believe, you must've seen a nice looking 2004 or something

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Tanya said:
The whole point to this thread though, is that someone was smoking crack when writing that report. I think most people here would agree that Mk3s are pretty safe cars for their age

Unsafe, definate BS, look, my Old toyota made in 86, Vs. a brand new BMW, not just any new car, but a BMW, most would agree that they are more safe than most other new cars

p521196_1.jpg

p521196_2.jpg

I smashed this
p521196_3.jpg

Sure i have more damage, but i walked away from the accident, the other guy left in an ambulance. Anyone who says these cars are unsafe can go flick their bean.

coreybear08

Aug 21, 2006
Fort Wayne, IN
Tanya said:

aint that the truth right there...i know many of us have parted out mk2s and 3s...i think the people that say these cars are unsafe need to go through and part one out....you try cutting some of those supports in the dash...not to mention the pillars....

i remember parting an 84...WOW...we went through a TON of demoltion blades on the saw-zaw....id rather be in one of these cars that a saturn, or newer chevy, ESPECIALLY A MALIBU!!