looking for living sitch

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Ok, well TX isnt working out so good and Im seriously considering moving back to the NW. Anyone in need of a roommate that works on supras? :naughty:

This is gonna seem like a personal ad but here goes anyway:
I wont have alot of money to start with as I pretty much busted myself this year with a 7m rebuild and an ill-advised move to TX. But I can do fabricating and repairs for consideration on rent until I get on my feet. Im a good cook and a reasonably clean and definately quiet person. Non-smoker non-drinker my only vice is ice cream. I do have one very fuzzy and lovable dog that lives in my shadow, so that would need to be ok. I will be moving with bare minimum essentials (which pretty much means my tools). Im an overaged kid and get along better with people younger than me.

Anyway, if anyone knows of anything let me know.

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
You guys should look into coming up to NW washington :)
I'm not sure if I'll have enough money to move out in the next couples months, but I'm definitely looking to move out in the next 6 months, possibly earlier depending on my money situation.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
IJ. said:
Mk3 commune :D

hmm...I dont know if you know much about Oregon IJ, but communes arent exactly a new idea around those parts :biglaugh: . One that specializes in Head gasket replacement however would be a new twist. lol

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Maybe we could buy headgaskets in bulk, :naughty: ......:nono: ok, I find myself giving in to the 7M hype now.

How about this instead, we could minimize tool investment and maximize manpower. So long as we dont have to grow our own vegetables and wear Birkenstocks, Im up for it!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Rent a disused commercial property build some living quarters in a corner move a bunch of bodies in to split the costs and take on Mk3 work or rent space to people with no place to work on their cars.

You'd need to be the sherrif to keep it from becoming the Wild West but it could work.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
yeah a commecial building would be cool except rent would cost a ton! lol.
i got lots of tools and 3 gallons of fast orange :D

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Loki: Split 5/10 ways not so much of an issue!

You could generate an income and in time actually build quite a good business, Pete could start with his Targa braces.

I'm actually tossing up here whether I sell my house at the end of the year and outright buy a commercial property or rebuild here (my area is in a real estate boom being so close to the city and people are offering stupid money)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
loki2043 said:
... and 3 gallons of fast orange :D

Ummmm...do I wanna know what you do with that much "hand goop"?

Ian, that sounds like a smashing idea. Until a past renter gets the idea to rip the place off when no ones around, and the "owners" are held responsible. I dont know what its like on the bottom side of the globe but up here it would end up in law suits.

however the idea of renting a commercial location and making a living space in it sounds like fun. Can we play "Flashdance"! I'll bring the leg warmers!

Edit: oh and I have tons of other products sitting on the drawing board that I cant get to because of lack of space, time and money. I'll tell ya one thing though man, I am still holding on to my dream of not ever working for anyone else again in my life. Im too old to get bossed around by college kids. lol

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Pete: Good luck with whatever you decide!

While working for a boss sucks it has the benefits of by clockoff time it's over you go home and not think about it till clockin time, working for yourself and esp from home means you're on ALL the time.
(I have this horrible mental image of you in legwarmers now ewwwwwwwww)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
IJ. said:
(I have this horrible mental image of you in legwarmers now ewwwwwwwww)

:joshers:
He's a maniac...a maniac...on the floor, and hes wrenchin' like he's never wrenched before.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Loki Im open to anything. I lived in Corvallis growing up and some family lives there. I have a sister in Eugene and a brother in Tri-cities. I lived in Bend for about 4 years fairly recently.

I could live just about anywhere really....ok well NOT Houston obviously, lol. If I came back to the NW the cities that would interest me the most would be PDX, Bend, maybe Eugene. Hell I would even live on the coast if I had a garage.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Actually I really like what IJ said about renting some commercial space, and then making some living quarters in part of it. I've always wanted to live in a big open warehouse :)

I'll also be looking to relocate somehwere in the NW in the next 6mo... gotta decide on school though

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Lets do it! Someone start looking for a commercial space in PDX. Preferably with a lot of floorspace and some parking. We can frame out bedrooms inside it easily and scrounge some jobsites for used kitchen and bath hardware.

I think if we could get 6-8 in on this it would be dirt cheap living.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Yeah and Tim and I said over 21 as well. That would help some.

Im thinking a contract just between the members would be a smart thing to do.