look what i did today

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
rs4buddy said:
I feel you man, i took out 2j's twins before, its such a b*tch to do it. is there a EGCV you had to remove also?

no egcv luckily. I've never done 2j turbos but I can imageine its a bit more complicated.

I'm taking a short break from finishing up putting the turbos back on. just some odds and ends left.

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
yeah, today i've tried to take my ct26 off, but I got tired just after looking at it, maybe I'll do it this spring, car is sitting for winter anyway :D
Nice work Joe ;) BTW it seems like 1jz has less working space then 7m, or am I wrong?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yeah, swapping twins is the most un-fun job in the world.

Joe, I think you broke the first rule of 1JZs. You put the twins back on. They only go one way, "off". :) Now you know why most people take them off, then just say "Fuck it, I'm going single".

I took the twins off twice, once to put on my y-pipe, and once to replace blown turbos. It was twice too many. haha.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
ahhh... the joy of having the engine out of the car!

Chris and I screwed around for about 45 minutes in the garage last night and the twins are already almost off the 2j :)

Joe you shouldve taken blown twins as a blessing and just gone single!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
GotTurbos? said:
Joe you shouldve taken blown twins as a blessing and just gone single!

well yeah but I don't really feel like taking another hit in the wallet after I just bought the car. maybe I should start collecting parts slowly. maybe this time next year I'll be ready.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
here's some pics of the upgraded ypipe I switched to. If I didn't decide to use it now I'm sure I never would since the turbos have to come off to change the ypipe.

p483948_1.jpg

p483948_2.jpg

p483948_3.jpg

p483948_4.jpg

you can easily tell the difference. should be fun. I have to get the DP made tomorrow since the ypipe is longer than the stock one so the hks dp I had won't work anymore.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
lol... I wore gloves to protect my pretty hands :love:

again, I know this may not seen all that neat to some of you, but I'm proud of myself for doing it 100% on my own from start to finish (with the help of jose on phone tech support a few times). Sometimes it's just easier for me to have driftmotion do the work since their work is top notch and they're right around the corner.

It's probably the most involved work I've ever had to do on my own and wasn't sure if I would be able to get it done. If I can change out the damn turbos on a 1J I can do most anything.So yeah.

and it feels good to start the car and drive when you're the one who just did the work. I tell you though... if I ever have to take those damn things off again, I'm just gonna find a way to upgrade to single.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
you wouldnt wanna hear it right now. open ypipe sounds like shit. and my parents would get mad!

downpipe is gonna be made tomorrow. I'll take video tomorrow though!