Longest trip in your MK3?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprarx7nut;1797767 said:
Denver to Vegas and back. Cruise set at indicated 105mph for 30 consecutive minutes for a few times in the trip. Stock 7mge with 290k miles on its third head gasket.

Best road trip ever.
You sir, are brave if you did any of that triple digit cruising in Utah... they don't like Supras there. At least not ones with Wyoming plates anyway. :nono:

I've driven my 88 that I no longer have from southwestern Wyoming, through Vegas, to east valley area of Phoenix, all over Phoenix for a few days, then back the same route. Mileage must have been around 2500 or so... good times, damned good times.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I drove mine to Texas one year. We stopped in Louisiana somewhere and made about fourty dyno pulls trying to get it tuned perfectly. Drove it on to Houston for the texas meet. I made about fifteen trips down the 1/4 mile track. I won second in my class and then drove it home back to Alabama. That was four years ago and it's still running perfectly.

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
I have all new belts, every single hose replaced, new waterpump, alternator, battery, headgasket, radiator, it's running good and now I know it inside and out, so I guess I'm good to go.

TrqMnstr

HKS Whore!!!
Oct 31, 2005
Los Angeles, California, United States
Drove from Los Angeles to Palm Springs mid summer 2 years ago. Car just made it home, rad cap took a dump on the way back home. It was awesome getting thumbs up from others driving to and from though. I love my mistress of a car.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
suprahero;1798016 said:
I drove mine to Texas one year. We stopped in Louisiana somewhere and made about fourty dyno pulls trying to get it tuned perfectly. Drove it on to Houston for the texas meet. I made about fifteen trips down the 1/4 mile track. I won second in my class and then drove it home back to Alabama. That was four years ago and it's still running perfectly.

Now that.. is fucking impressive!

406 miles for me. Roundtrip. From San Antonio, Tx. to College Station, Tx. Looking at the temp gauge the whole way. Afraid of the dredded BHG too. I've already gone through it twice. I did run into a problem though... my clutch peddle hit the floor and wouldn't come back up. I fixed it temporarily by tying my shoe laces around the clutch pedal, so I can pull it back up after shifting. That's until I got home and changed the leaking slave cylinder.

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
Suprapowaz!(2);1798163 said:

406 miles for me. Roundtrip. From San Antonio, Tx. to College Station, Tx. Looking at the temp gauge the whole way. Afraid of the dredded BHG too. I've already gone through it twice. I did run into a problem though... my clutch peddle hit the floor and wouldn't come back up. I fixed it temporarily by tying my shoe laces around the clutch pedal, so I can pull it back up after shifting. That's until I got home and changed the leaking slave cylinder.

Wow, you were able to switch gears like that? Kinda funny and impressive.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
suprahero;1798016 said:

p1798186_1.gif

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
Disregard. I was thinking it had a 7M. I finally looked at your signature and see a JZ. It all makes sense now.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Suprapowaz!(2);1798163 said:

Speaking of impressive... did you put on the shoe, then tie the laces around the pedal, or tie the shoe to the pedal, THEN put the shoe on? Either way...

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I took both shoes off. I had to pull the laces from a few hoops of the left shoe so they can extend down and around the clutch pedal assembly. I took off my shoe lace from the right shoe to help tie the left to the pedal. I tied the shoe to the clutch pedal. I put my right shoe back on without the laces. I then got in the car and slipped my foot into the left shoe, and off I went.

antigram

May 30, 2010
breda
From holland to scotland and back, passing through belgium, france and england. That was about a 1350 miles round trip

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Dont be such a pussy! I drove both of my 88 turbo cars(the first one had a slightly blown headgasket) through 900mile round trips from Ohio to Virginia, two times a month; back in the college days. Through winter and summer they both did exceptionally well, especially trucking through the huge mountain climbs in West-By-God-Virginia. The Supra is a highway cruiser after all...

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
Drove my 87 7mgte from philadelphia to orlando. Spent a week driving around then drove back to philadelphia. Car has a ford taurus electric fan and a/c......temp guage never went to half. Motor is bored 40 over with bc242 cams and forged bottom end. Made the trip around memorial day weekend.