lexus afm question

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
ok i have been reading and reading on how to tune a supra. from afc,lexus afm,vpc,eprom,standalone etc. well i finaly thing that i decided on going with the lexus afm route.
a few days ago one of the guys from soinic called me up and he explained that the lexus afm mod does not need a biger fuel pump and fpr to work i just wnated to see if and one is runnning a lexus afm and 550 injectors on there supra. and for those who are tell me how it runs
-same as stock
-sommth idel
-what boost contoler do you have
-etc.
(what im talking about and how it works)
http://suprasonic.org/lexusriemer/lexusnotes.html

Last edited:

steve_mk3

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
middletown, NJ
Do you have to upgrade your fuel pump, no. However yu should consider that your pump is what 15 + years old and now you want it to pump even more volume to feed the 550 injectors. It's up to you but you get the point.

As far as idle, much has been writen on this site about useing the FPR to adjust pressure to smoth out any problems with idle.

Steve

supramic

Feb 4, 2006
magnolia DE.
steve_mk3 said:
Do you have to upgrade your fuel pump, no. However yu should consider that your pump is what 15 + years old and now you want it to pump even more volume to feed the 550 injectors. It's up to you but you get the point.

As far as idle, much has been writen on this site about useing the FPR to adjust pressure to smoth out any problems with idle.

Steve
where i was getting at was the the mod on this page was saying that you dont need the fpr and the fuel pump( currently i have a new stock one going in ) one of my question is, if it is posible to have a nice smooth idle hot/cold 24/7 with just the lexaus afm and 550s???

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
supramic said:
where i was getting at was the the mod on this page was saying that you dont need the fpr and the fuel pump( currently i have a new stock one going in ) one of my question is, if it is posible to have a nice smooth idle hot/cold 24/7 with just the lexaus afm and 550s???

yes. did it for over ya year with both the stock ct26 and an sp61gt. no issues. great combo. went vpc just recently for the increased flexibility and finished out my fuel system with a walbro and afpr

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
^ you a step ahead of me. ive been running 550's and lexus afm for a while and my car idles smooth as can be. maft-pro and walbro going in soon though

rs4_supra

Sep 4, 2006
Wa
Ya mine is running smooth also no idle problems. Deffantly consider a walbro pump tho i didnt install the amf, injectors etc intell i had it all. But it works good and im hoping to tune it soon too.

(88 turbo supra)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
So I see some install it with the correct injectors and it is fine, but others do have a problem.

Ignition timing is determined with airflow readings, not just RPM. That is something to keep in mind.