Let's Talk Turbo Timers

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I've got the HK$ TT Type-1 and really like it. It took no time at all to install, and works well. It can read MPH, RPM, Volts. It has a peak memory as well as alert alarms for the various read outs. It has two adjustable turbo countdown timers as well as a full auto one. But you have to run an rpm signal in to use that feature. Over all it is loaded with gadgets, which is probably why i bought it. If all you need is a basic turbo timer then it may be a little overkill.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Apexi and HKS use the same harness, that said i have an HKS harness, no TT (saw the harness for dirt cheap. it was $7 shipped)

Last edited:

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
the HKS turbo timer Type-1 in black..i got that one for 110 from a shop...I LOVE IT...easy to install i love how i can set RPM warning as a shift light and set a warning for mph when it gets dangerous and you can set the cool down to auto or do it manual for 30sec 1min and 2min and it has 0-60time ionno if its accurate though...it does lap time and everything one of my favorite buy

boosted17

Jun 5, 2005
Florence, KY
The peak boost hold is your highest point of boost. It is nice to have so you don't have to look at your gauge to see how high your boost is. If for some cazy reason you let some one else drive your car you would know how hard they drove it too.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Well, my main point with that timer is not the, comparitively useless, peak boost feature. It was that it counts up and down based on boost/vac, instead of just revs or speed or whatever else the others use.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
CampbellsChunkySoupra said:
im also looking at the greddy full auto timer if thats what everyone else is talking about. i hear it is very user friendly. does it also have a plug and play harness?

I used a HKS TT kit from the type 1 I had previously, and it was plug and play. Use the instructions in the link below, so it doesn't screw w/ the alarm:

http://www.supras.com/06/techcenter/display.php?QID=48

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
greddy ftw it has all the features of all the others and many more like time attack mode rpm mph kph lap timer high and low boost settings auto time feature volt meter (my fav) and you can get it in black or silver case.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
i have a Greddy one, i think it works just fine.. havent messed with any of its full auto functions yet. but i know it does it.. right now i just have it set at a minute and 30 seconds and it does its job just as its supposed to.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
I used to have the Greddy Full Auto. I didn't like it. I (and two other friends with the same type unit) all have problems with it cutting off and resetting randomly.

I prefer the Blitz FATT DC IV much more. Fairly cheap, simple and easy to install. And I've never had a problem with it, unlike my Greddy.

As always - YMMV

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
yes, you will need an HKS turbo timer harness. it reads voltage, has a manual setting, an auto setting with hi and low RPMS, and a few other things.