lets talk about air filters

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
It's the cheap part that worries me. Most cheap filters either do a piss poor job or they're restrictive as hell.

As for the piping, with our AFM the resonator actually helps things (despite what most people like to believe). It's the accordian hoses which increase turbulence.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
ive Heard that the hks mushroom breaks down, with the foam coming apart and into the intake over time.

my generic k&n works great, and if it kills my NA, i guess thatd just be time for an engine swap.

if i had the money, id go with the apexi.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Clip said:
ive Heard that the hks mushroom breaks down, with the foam coming apart and into the intake over time.

my generic k&n works great, and if it kills my NA, i guess thatd just be time for an engine swap.

if i had the money, id go with the apexi.

I've heard that too. I usually just replace the foam element every somewhat regularly so it doesn't happen to me.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
I am lucky I get mine for about 2200 YEN. And it's actually cheaper, initially anyways, then a K&N over here. Those little bastards are expensive here!

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
ok. so has anybody used the POWER ENTERPRISE intake.
i saw that HPF has them.
for some reason i always thought that going k+n was the way to go, great info guys.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
going to be running the 20$ autozone piece untill i can get a better one. thank god the supra isnt going to do much moving around untill spring (unless there is no snow)