lets discuss electric water pump

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
^ True, but the fans are not always on, especially when you're moving. The reality of it is, if you need more cooling, then keep the hydro system, can't beat that, but if you don't get stuck in traffic or you auto-x, you will probably be better off with e-fans.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Not arguing with you IJ. We all know you're the man with the knowledge ;) ...just trying to learn as I personally want e-fans and I don't get stuck in traffic.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
I use the infamous Ford Contour dual electric 2 speed fans. They are wired correctly(separate fuse, relays, back-up switch, and thermal switch. Low speed fans for normal cooling, high speed for A/C, 8 ga. wire for power and ground). I don't have overheating problems in the summer, A/C full blast, stuck in Houston traffic.
If you aren't willing to wire them correctly, make sure the shroud is sealed to the radiator, and upgrade your alternator, this is NOT for you.
The stock fan, functioning correctly, and with an intact shroud, will do the job nicely. I changed because I wanted to see if it made any differences. Nope. Cools the same, no noticeable performance gains on my n/a.
Basically, if you have to pay for e-fans to "upgrade," you're wasting money that could be better spent elsewhere(like maintenance). If you really want to, though, my set-up will run around $300 (fans, upgraded stock fan harness from Ford, wiring, relays, switches, fuses, sealers, etc.) Good luck if you try it. Don't get the fan harness out of the junk yard. The original ones had issues.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep...

Those are OEM designed fans that are far more durable than most of the aftermarket ones.

There is a reason that BMW still uses mechanical fans...durability.