Lemme Hear Your Exhaust

87SupraTurbo

Dec 10, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Ok so i'm gonna be buying the RS-R GT2 exhaust system and also a aftermarket downpipe too but my ? is when u go to the RS-R website and click on the more info for that system, the piping diameter says 80mm (3.15") and arent all downpipes 3" tho? So wouldnt that not work, say like buying a HKS downpipe to go with it? Any suggestion would be much appriaciated :) Im a newby on this since this is my first turbo car.

AFTERMATHpb31

Jul 6, 2006
North Fort Myers, FL
I have the horsepowerfreaks goliath 4" exhaust and IMO sounds the best, very deep sounding, i dont have a video of mine with it but if you go to horsepowerfreaks.com they have one there on a mk3

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
87SupraTurbo said:
Ok so i'm gonna be buying the RS-R GT2 exhaust system and also a aftermarket downpipe too but my ? is when u go to the RS-R website and click on the more info for that system, the piping diameter says 80mm (3.15") and arent all downpipes 3" tho? So wouldnt that not work, say like buying a HKS downpipe to go with it? Any suggestion would be much appriaciated :) Im a newby on this since this is my first turbo car.

ive got the rsr on now. sorry no sound clips though. yeah, the piping is 3.2" but the first flange is 3" so it fits to everything else. btw, it sounds just like the 935 sound clip, but WWWAAAAYYY too loud without the silencer. i had to get a 3" cat just to make is less noticable around here in policetown. if i had to get another this would still be it.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
so when you say its loud, how is it when crusing, 2k and under? i want it to be loud, but it dont want it to be obnoxious when im just driving normally

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
PimpiNJ253 said:
I got a Kakimoto exhaust (catback) and it sounds good as hell, deep and throaty. I will try to get a video if somone wants it.

if you can get a vid id like to see it! :icon_bigg

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
theKnifeArtist said:
so when you say its loud, how is it when crusing, 2k and under? i want it to be loud, but it dont want it to be obnoxious when im just driving normally

actually its very deep sounding while on the low rpms.
when i open it up to 5k and above it becomes another beast. all of a sudden my music goes away and all i hear is my exhaust....SWEET....:icon_bigg
of course this is without the silencer. during idle, you could probably have a baby sleeping in the back, it is surprisingly quiet. plus the fact it took me like 20min to install was an added bonus.
compared to the tanabe this is a monster and its not tin can"ish" like the hks at high rpms.
btw, i would suggest you put the silencer in if you decide just to cruise, it is/will become a cop magnet. when i race i take it off.

coreybear08

Aug 21, 2006
Fort Wayne, IN
ok...ive been lookin for it for close to 2 days now..its prolly RIGHT infront of me...but where in the HELL do you listen to exhausts on the 935 website??

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
AFTERMATHpb31 said:
I have the horsepowerfreaks goliath 4" exhaust and IMO sounds the best, very deep sounding, i dont have a video of mine with it but if you go to horsepowerfreaks.com they have one there on a mk3

I second that! :icon_bigg

To me, best sounding exhausts to the ear are -

1. HPF Goliath 4"
2. RSR GT-2
3. Open turbo. :runaway:

:biglaugh:

*NINJA EDIT*

FYI, If you've got a big @$$ subwoofer hooked up to your computer speakers or a surround sound....it WILL give you the effect of what it sounds like it person. ;) You'll quickly find that one out when the deep tone is vibrating your windows and desk. :D