Legal Exhaust Paperwork

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Hey everybody I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the tanabe paperwork that shows it's legal in all 50 states.
I emailed tanabe and they said they wouldn't give it to me unless I had a copy of the receipt.
I bought the part second hand so I don't have the original. Is there any chance that anyone has one or can get me a copy?
Thanks.
I'm going to look through the mess that is Cali's government website but I doubt I'll have much luck.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
How about getting with a vendor & asking them to make up a recipt for ya?
Do you know anybody that runs an exhaust/auto repair shop? How about some of the vendors here. They would just need to wright up an Invoice with the part # on it. If they are worried about legalaties have them print FINAL SALE No Refund, Clearence Item on the invoice. I know it seams kinda lame but it should work.

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
As far as California smog legal, here is the site:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

I didn't see any Tanabe products listed under Tanabe as the manufacturer.

There may also be a noise limit. I don't know if its a city code or if its state. One guy told me that its a judgement call, but I spoke to another guy that got a ticket for too load of a catback on his built 240SX and had to take it to a state referee to get it tested. I forgot what he said the db limit was.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
legal004ed6.jpg

Best I can do since my scanner is broken.

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
FYI
That paper Tanabe came out with won't do you any good at the smog refereee station or at some smog stations. They want to see an EO, EO number or a CARB number.

inline6

Whistle>Whine
Sep 22, 2005
SoCal
Even if a cop accepts that, You have the catch can which is modified emissions, and probably an air filter too.