lean out at 2600-2700

7mgt45r

7mgt45r
Sep 23, 2007
ATLANTA, GEORGIA
jdub;1122195 said:
Poodles - it wouldn't hurt to try it. ;)

7M - I would check the TPS for a smooth, linear VTA output from 0-5 volts moving the throttle from closed to WOT. The ignition has to be on to test this with a multimeter...you want to be a smooth as possible.

The SAFC could also be the issue...taking it out of the loop will confirm.

After increasing fuel pressure, did the lean condition last ~3 sec as before at the same RPM?

Edit: another question...what kind of AFPR are you using? Is it the Chinese Aeromotive knockoff?
brand new tps and fuel press. reg, purchased frm horse power freaks. safc wrks when i'm trying to adjust it okay

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Ok...it's great you bought the AFPR at HP Freaks...now, what kind is it?

I didn't ask if the SAFC worked...I asked to see if the problem was still there if it was removed from the loop.

You didn't answer the "After increasing fuel pressure, did the lean condition last ~3 sec as before at the same RPM?" question.

Seriously...try to answer the question and stop making me pull teeth. You could have told me the TPS is new a long time ago when you said you switched vs letting me guess (Post 49...I asked if it was used). Or, just tell me you're not going to do something. I'm running out of suggestions and I'm starting to get the idea that I don't have a complete picture of the problem. That makes it extremely hard to diagnose what's going on long distance like this.

7mgt45r

7mgt45r
Sep 23, 2007
ATLANTA, GEORGIA
jdub;1122652 said:
Ok...it's great you bought the AFPR at HP Freaks...now, what kind is it?

I didn't ask if the SAFC worked...I asked to see if the problem was still there if it was removed from the loop.

You didn't answer the "After increasing fuel pressure, did the lean condition last ~3 sec as before at the same RPM?" question.

Seriously...try to answer the question and stop making me pull teeth. You could have told me the TPS is new a long time ago when you said you switched vs letting me guess (Post 49...I asked if it was used). Or, just tell me you're not going to do something. I'm running out of suggestions and I'm starting to get the idea that I don't have a complete picture of the problem. That makes it extremely hard to diagnose what's going on long distance like this.
aeromotive fpr,yes after increasing fuel pressure it still did the samething. i'll chk safc tomorrow.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Sounds like if he just went back to where the car came STOCK from the factory added the necessary items, fuel pump, fpr, and injectors and safc.. he'd be fine, i ran a 12.9 with a 3" exhaust 550's, aeromtoive FPR, walbro 255, and a safc tuned... looks like he went ahead, not knowing that taking off crucial items would affect things in the long run. You do not need to take off the dampener anyhow, I guess I don't understand why that was done?

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The fuel mods should have little to no impact running lean at a very specific RPM...if anything, it would run rich with the increased fuel flow and those injectors. The Lucas (disc) type has a faster response time...the ECU expects the slower response from a stock pintle type. You will get more fuel for a specific duration from a disc type on a stock ECU until Learned AFR takes place. He removed the FPD because it leaked ;)

I noticed from the 1st post the OP is using a VPC...where are the pressure and temp sensors located? Is the ROM used in the VPC for 680 injectors?
Exactly where are the Response, Gain, Idle, and Op Out knobs set?

7mgt45r

7mgt45r
Sep 23, 2007
ATLANTA, GEORGIA
jdub;1123285 said:
The fuel mods should have little to no impact running lean at a very specific RPM...if anything, it would run rich with the increased fuel flow and those injectors. The Lucas (disc) type has a faster response time...the ECU expects the slower response from a stock pintle type. You will get more fuel for a specific duration from a disc type on a stock ECU until Learned AFR takes place. He removed the FPD because it leaked ;)

I noticed from the 1st post the OP is using a VPC...where are the pressure and temp sensors located? Is the ROM used in the VPC for 680 injectors?
Exactly where are the Response, Gain, Idle, and Op Out knobs set?

no not using 680 chip couldn't find one for 7m. using 550 chip. my gain is half way on the neg. side pressure and temp at 8. pressure sensor tapped in bck of intake manifold and temp sensor right before throttle in pipe. response is at 12o'clock,idle is half way on neg. side and op out knob 12o'clock.

7mgt45r

7mgt45r
Sep 23, 2007
ATLANTA, GEORGIA
7mgt45r;1123529 said:
no wideband is by its self, still have fac. O2 sensor in cir.

went to do some tuning today and car put dwn 426hp 396lbt at 21psi, but we could not clear the lean spot. my dip stick holder blew out and oil went every where so we stop until i fix it. its fixed now so next wk will return. jdub give me a call 7708704600.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The temp sensor in that location is prone to heat soak...it will tell the VPC that the intake charge air is warmer than it actually is. That can cause a lean condition, but it should be across the power band.

Try moving the Response Time clockwise to 1 o'clock...Gain to the 10 o'clock position.

Take a look at this...make sure the dip switches are set per the bottom pic:
http://oldschool.supracentral.com/htm/hardwire.htm

Blew the dipstick?!?! Blow by or a poor PCV system.

BTW - Nice dyno numbers ;)