Kinda kills

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I kinda sorta killed a Mustang Cobra and a Honda Prelude today.

The Mustang Cobra was a 1999+ convertible. It looked pretty nice. Black, fog lights in the grill, hood scoop. I was behind him as he turned right onto a road that had two lanes that soon merged into one. He hesitated, as there was a semi turning left into the other lane from across the intersection at the same time. Then he gunned it to overtake the semi before the lanes merged. I then floored it (2nd gear) and managed to catch up by the point where the lanes merged. I'm not sure how much he was trying, and he might of let up as he realized he would get by the semi fairly easily.

On the way home from work I got behind a riced out 1992-1996 Prelude (altezza tails, fart can, rims, red Honda badge). He was stopped in the right lane at a light right as I was coming up. The light turned green just before I got there and he gunned it. I dropped it down into first and floored it. Even though he had a jump start I quickly gained on him and switched lanes and started passing him by second gear. I had to brake for a car in my lane though and he went ahead and cut off the car in front of me when the lanes merged back together.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
swaq said:
Exhaust, no cat (for now), intake, lower intercooler piping, BOV, manual boost controller at around 11 psi, aluminum radiator.

If those are your mods and that was really a cobra you wouldnt stand a chance against him they have 390+hp/tq stock, he wasn't trying. Nice on the Prelude though, i hate those guys, they always think they're all that.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
IwantMKIII said:
If those are your mods and that was really a cobra you wouldnt stand a chance against him they have 390+hp/tq stock, he wasn't trying. Nice on the Prelude though, i hate those guys, they always think they're all that.

That year wasn't SC ;)

It is hard to say if it was a kill but chances are, you would have beat him anyway.

Duane

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Yeah, it's hard to say how hard the Cobra was trying. It wasn't really a "race", more he gunned it and I decided to see if I could keep up. He had a slight jump start, but I still caught up.

The Prelude, on the other hand, sounded like he went all the way to redline trying to keep me from passing.