Keep blowing EFI fuse

Kenny[NK]

Living in the slow lane
Jul 24, 2007
Kentucky
www.facebook.com
I keep blowing my EFI fuse. I am using the correct fuse. I've checked all my grounds and they appear to be fine. The only code I am throwing is #11.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Kenny[NK];1114000 said:
I keep blowing my EFI fuse. I am using the correct fuse. I've checked all my grounds and they appear to be fine. The only code I am throwing is #11.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Code 11 is the ECU power source.If you keep blowing the fuse sounds like you have a short somewere. I know it's not much help but maybe others have had this problem and can direct you closer to the problem.

Kenny[NK]

Living in the slow lane
Jul 24, 2007
Kentucky
www.facebook.com
I have not, but the previous owner had probed a lot on the harness. Everything works, though. It's been like that since I've owned the car.

I did put new battery cables on the other day but I'm positive they are fine.

My O2 sensor wire also is fine.

Kenny[NK]

Living in the slow lane
Jul 24, 2007
Kentucky
www.facebook.com
When I did a search for "blown EFI fuse", those were some of the suggestions in the threads. I thought I might as well check it to be safe. Thanks for the clarification.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
What?! You screwin' with me? It's a one wire sensor.... the book's over optimistic. You could install a 3 wire JJ, if you've got a N/A around and you REALLY feel the need. :icon_razz

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Well, if it makes you feel better, my O2 sensor has more than one wire. ;)

Seriously though... relying on free internet references for information. For shame. <tisk tisk tisk> Haven't I taught you better (By example ;) )? I AM the product of independent, online research! Be afraid, very afraid...

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
my car did this for awhile, it turned out it was because the p/o did a fuel pump rewire and didnt cover the end of the old power wire, urs might not be that one, but go through all wires that are related to the efi fuse and make sure none are grounding out.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I had this problem on my 2JZ running a 7MGTE harness. Usually in higher RPM while boosting.

Once I did a quick once over (X5) on my harness to make sure there was nowhere I could have tampered with my wiring, causing this problem, I decided to re-loom/tape my harness. Since doing this and securing it under the intake manifold with zip-ties; I havn't blown another EFI fuse.

I guess it was just grounding out through the loom somewhere. I don't know how I missed it, but at least I fixed it.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
The loom can rub on the intake pipes if the plastic harness clamps fail (which they tend to do after 20 years of high underhood temps. After a while the rubbing will go wear through the insulation and into the copper. This is not easy to see even if you are looking for it. Follow your engine harness around and look for places it might be rubbing on grounded metal parts.

Kenny[NK]

Living in the slow lane
Jul 24, 2007
Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Went through the harness and fixed a ground I didn't see as well as my o2 sensor wire was melted.:nono: Fixed that and it fired right up. Only problem I'm having now is that it feels a little hesitant when revving and driving(5spd). When I turn the wheel, the ps pump almost kills the car if it is idling. Also the engine seems to be running kind of rich.