just spun a bearing so definatly wanna go 1j but i need more info on the swap

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
#1StunnaVic said:
o damn i didnt kno that. i just need someone to tell me how much a complete 1j swap cost so i can have an idea. is there anyone that can tell me this. alot of u guys have done it can u tell me approximatly how much it cost to do the swap without doin mods to the engine. just a stock 1j.

My swap cost about $2900 total. I cut costs by doing the wiring and work myself. Don't expect to have a good running 1jz for much less than that unless you get really lucky.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
ok so im basically lookin at 3000 if i do the wiring myself. just one last thing to tell u guys and promise i won't bug you with all these questions anymore.
i just talked to a guy in brooklyn that did a 1j swap in his supra. he didnt buy a front clip he just made sure he got a 1j out of a supra with all the sensors and the ignitor. he dropped in the 1j paid someone to do the wiring got a 2j water pump and did electric fans and a FMIC. he relocated the power steering reservior by making his own bracket there might be 1 or 2 things that im missing but he said basically thats all u need to do. he didn't deny that buying a front clip might be easier but he said it wasn't neccisary and you would save some money buy not buying it. he also had a 1j in a cressida.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Yea a clip isn't needed, it makes it easier.. but you can have a fully running 1jz swap for less then 3k if you spend your money right and do the work your self..

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
tissimo said:
Yea a clip isn't needed, it makes it easier.. but you can have a fully running 1jz swap for less then 3k if you spend your money right and do the work your self..
thats tissimo thats what i wanted to know. i don't mind not buying a clip and doing the bit of extra work and running around that is needed to get a 1j running properly if it'll save me some money. but the other guys are making it seem damn near impossible to do the swap without a front clip. no disrespect to them but i just refuse to believe that if u don;t buy a clip u might as well not do the swap. especially after seeing this guy in brooklyn with the 1j in his supra and the 1j he had when u owned a cressida. both times he didnt buy a front clip so it can't be luck. he must know what he is doing.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I say for the first time 1JZ swapper if you do it on your own to save money and time the go the complete JZA70 CLIP route!!

If you have experiance doing one before then you can go the cheaper route of getting the engine & tranny with sensors ignitors & uncut harness for less.

Dont pay more then 2500 for a good 50,000km clip after inspecting it. and having the engine delivered to your door at that cost then your swap should cost no more then 3000-3200 tops if you do the wiring yourself and with out extending the harness to save you time and money. Also keep the 7M efi side of the harness for your jumper harness! 2-3 connectors depending if you have TEMS and ABS.

If someone is helping you and have done the swap before then and only then get the engine by itself uncut with tranny ecu ignitor uncut! Pay no more the 1100-1400 for a non clip complete engine setup.