Just got these rotors off ebay

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
I got the Magnum set from the same dealer and they are great and he shipped them fast ive done lots of high speed braking and they have held up fine (auto cross/drag racing) I also picked up the lines I havnt had time to put them on though but they look like a quality product heres a pic.

Attachments

• HPIM0367a.jpg
    HPIM0367a.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
Supra Blues said:
$218 for all four?

Did I read that right?

You certainly did. I am thinking about picking up a set but I have heard about drilled rotors cracking?

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
I've heard a lot about drilled rotors cracking but I don't understand how there can be so many drilled rotors in production if they all crack. You would think the market would just deny them since they crack and nobody would ever buy them and they would become extinct

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Poatree said:
Guys drilled rotors don't crack any more than normal ones unless there is a manufacturing defect :p

beats the hell out of slotted for your pads too.

wrong answer

since rotors rely on the mass of the iron to absorb and disipate heat. Cross drilling rotors lowers weight but at the same time lowers mass. less mass means less heat absorbtion and meaning the rotors will warp and crack as heat retention is greater.

Please don't bring in race cars as they chuck those rotors after EVERY SINGLE RACE.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
billspreston01 said:
I've heard a lot about drilled rotors cracking but I don't understand how there can be so many drilled rotors in production if they all crack. You would think the market would just deny them since they crack and nobody would ever buy them and they would become extinct

for the same reason that people buy hondas and expect to do 11's on it with just bolting a turbo on and that is it. ;) hehe

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
figgie said:
wrong answer

since rotors rely on the mass of the iron to absorb and disipate heat. Cross drilling rotors lowers weight but at the same time lowers mass. less mass means less heat absorbtion and meaning the rotors will warp and crack as heat retention is greater.

Please don't bring in race cars as they chuck those rotors after EVERY SINGLE RACE.

You're saying that things with lower mass (and less heat absorbtion) retain their heat more?

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
figgie said:
wrong answer

There is also a problem with chamfering the holes. Cheap rotors do not, so you have a sharp edge which is prone to developing a crack. Now 90% of the population does not need to worry about cracking rotors. Doing one stop from 120mph isn't going to build up the kind of heat to worry about, but repeated trips from 120 to 60 like on a road course or spirited back road easily induce the kind of heat the causes fade and can crack rotors (even OEM). If you live in a mountain area and descend steep grades stuck behind logging trucks you can also build up a fair amount of heat

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
What was the total price shipped?

I'd like to compete :)

I have found that drilled rotors are easy to crack if you drive hard enough, long enough. However, for the average driver they are fine. You lose brake to rotor surface are though, too bad.

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
there's always a trade off. More mass means it can get rid of head faster, but loss of mass is usally done to help dissipate the heat. Drilled and/or slotted can all crack when you beat on it repeatedly and really hard. I was at a race once (forget the series name) but they were like nascars (much slower though) and they were running like huge 12" brakes, but they were vented with a solid face.

On a side note, has anybody ever seen those rotors that are shaped like flowers and crap? what kind of b/s is that?

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
What pads do you guys think would work the best for these rotors? I know they're not hugely different than stock.

Please noone suggest carbon fibre pads, those are only good once they're race-environment hot.

I usually just go for higher end ceramics.