Just bought a supra need help

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
Just bought a 89 1jz 5speed targa hks sport turbo supra and the drivers window doesnt roll up, looks like it fell off the track and the motor is shot, is there anyway to manually get the window to go up and does anyone have a window motor for sale. thanks

My passenger window died once (happens a lot with MKIIIs) and I could not for the life of me force it up or down. I've got a spare passenger regulator and motor though, and I'm pretty sure the motor is the same for both sides, just flipped if you need it.

Try putting it back on the track first, just in case the motor is ok =]

Vector89T

stickerdave.com
Aug 21, 2005
Lafayette, LA
If it's off the track, you could damage the window if you're attempting to "force" it up. Try to get an eye on what's going on in there and see if everything is in place in the track. If it's not, get it in the track first.

Another thing to check, the windows switches in the MKIII are infamous (at least down here they are!) for corroding on the inside and the switch will not operate the motor. When you say the motor is shot, is it not doing ANYTHING or does it attempt to run the motor and it's just weak or malfunctioning?

If it's possibly just a switch issue you can roll the window up with a 12V battery source (car battery, jump box, whatever) with just a couple wires in the window regulator connector. The polarity will not harm anything, because that's how it rolls up and down. Wired one way, it goes up, reverse polarity it goes down. :)

Do not attempt to force the window by hand or with the motor if it is not on the track. Also do not attempt using a jumper wire to jog the window up or down if you're not familiar with doing that sort of thing. I can explain more in depth if it comes to it.

terror;1160061 said:
Just bought a 89 1jz 5speed targa hks sport turbo supra and the drivers window doesnt roll up, looks like it fell off the track and the motor is shot, is there anyway to manually get the window to go up and does anyone have a window motor for sale. thanks

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
well its definatly off the track and ima try to get it on but i tested the switch, its fine but when i press it down i can barely hear the buzz of the motor attempting to spin but no movement at all, btw i also need a new windshield lemme know have one, thanks

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
when my drivers side motor went, the window seemed to be off the track, but it wasnt.

i pulled the door panel off and unbolted the window from he motors arm. I was fortunte enough to have a friend on hand to hold the window up while i pulled the motor out, and put the new one in place. But i guess mine was stuck closed, and i didnt try to hard to change its direction.

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
sm_photo_missing.jpg

bought it off someone on these forums, thanks for the info

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Basically I'd redo as many hoses, gaskets and vacuum lines as possible. I'd change all of the fluids, so you know what you've got in there. Anything made by RedLine should be good to go. http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400236

This link here may help you as well. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16&highlight=upgrade

Just about anything you could ever want to know is already here if you'll just spend a few minutes with the search function. If you can't find what you're looking for then ask somebody. As long as you've tried to find the answer yourself, you'll get some help. Good luck.

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
suprahero;1160393 said:
Basically I'd redo as many hoses, gaskets and vacuum lines as possible. I'd change all of the fluids, so you know what you've got in there. Anything made by RedLine should be good to go. http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400236

This link here may help you as well. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16&highlight=upgrade

Just about anything you could ever want to know is already here if you'll just spend a few minutes with the search function. If you can't find what you're looking for then ask somebody. As long as you've tried to find the answer yourself, you'll get some help. Good luck.

thanks alot man