Jade Mica MK3

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Dachande said:
yes, it looks really stupid and serves no function. the only time it works is when the headlights have actually been modified to operate at that position.

oh...well i didn't really know of that...i knew you could make them open partially but didn't know of that mod...i agree...pointless :icon_evil

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
trydrew said:
I wonder what a MKIII would look like with Nissan's Millenium Jade. Its like a 'jade anthracite' if you've never seen it. Pretty cool color though.

Here's a link with an R34 painted accordingly.

http://www.spc.org.uk/nissan/nissan-r34-nur.html

ok...i did a quick photoshop...doesn't have the chunkyness of the model paint but the color is relatively similar.....

Attachments

• temp12.jpg
    temp12.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 55

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
johnathan1 said:
WOW!! That is the first mkiii i have seen with lambo doors! It looks awesome!...i want some :cry:
p194298_1.jpg

p194298_2.jpg

p194298_3.jpg

p194298_4.jpg

p194298_5.jpg

p194298_6.jpg

p194298_7.jpg

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I've seen all of those except the blue one. I'm not a big fan of lambo doors!!! I like the way the stock doors close with the window down. You just kinda step around it and you don't have to move your upper half. You know what I'm saying????

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
daledoe said:
I've seen all of those except the blue one. I'm not a big fan of lambo doors!!! I like the way the stock doors close with the window down. You just kinda step around it and you don't have to move your upper half. You know what I'm saying????

Yes, and i would elave them down 24/7 if it weren't for the risk of society taking advantage of my car's vurnerability... i love having no upper door frame...

It looks cool but i think it would be a pain in the ass getting in with the door like that... unless it swings out a little bit. I would think it would have swing out a little so it wouldn't hit the metal on the edge of the roof as it was closed....

does anyone know if they lift straight up and only straight up? i.e. no side-to-side movement?

I wonder how safe those are in a wreck... probably not much worse than a normal door i guess but if the strut suppors broke it would be hell to open.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
yeah...do mk4 supras have an upper section on their doors or do they have low-profile doors without the upper part like mk3's do?

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
bobiseverywhere said:
Gull-Wings would be the way to go. Only supra i have seen with those was long ago it was a MKIV no surprise there but it was heavily modified. it would take and inmense amount of work to make Gull's on our supras

Toyota_Supra_Gullwing_7th_Edition_1_1997.jpg

Good luck finding a perking spot!!!!!

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I've seen those pics befor!!! All the doors in those pics are up. I need to see a pics with the doors half up, to see if there will hit the car next to you. See what I'm saying??? I don't think it will, I'm just wondering!!!!

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
daledoe said:
I've seen those pics befor!!! All the doors in those pics are up. I need to see a pics with the doors half up, to see if there will hit the car next to you. See what I'm saying??? I don't think it will, I'm just wondering!!!!

i doubt that it would be a problem, probably much eaiser than getting into a conventional supra sized door....which, by the way, are the longest doors i've even come in contact with....

if you were parked within 2 mirror lengths of a car or next to a wall i can see it being a problem, but most cars taper as they go up and i'm sure there would probably be enough room.... if you park close enough to stuff to make it an issue i'd be more worried about my paint getting chipped by other cars.....:icon_conf

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I didn't think it would, just wondering. The stock supra doors are long as hell. It's like when your in a parking spot like that you almost half to like leen back to get out!!! But when your in the car its good to have long windows to see.