is it possible

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
CRE;1436488 said:
$99!?! WTF? Wow, some racket they've got going there... Get a kit for a Civic off ebay for $50 or so..

Besides, if the pipe they're showing is intended for a 7M-GE they left out the part about having to hack out a 1' section from the middle of the pipe to accommodate the AFM... but the OP does seem to have noticed this, so props there.

IIRC, the K&N intake for our car (which comes with a CARB compliance sticker) does not include any replacement piping at all... just an adapter and a filter to bolt to the front of the AFM. In that case you're better sticking with stock as any cone filter mounted in the engine bay will only hurt performance.
WAit what about cutting a inch? So I can't just get that pipe and apexi and be good to go?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
An inch?? ' = foot , " = inch

You need to cut a foot out of the pipe in the middle for the AFM and you'll also need an adapter to pount the front section of pipe to the AFM.

The Apex'i kit (the kit for the Turbo SW20 MR2) has an adapter which mounts the filter to the front of the AFM, just no pipe for replacing the accordian hoses and deleting the resonator... which yu should keep installed anyway if you want to keep any chance of passing the visual inspection.

EwGoetsch

EdWORD
Jul 12, 2009
Minneapolis Minnesota
I got a 90 NA ill show pics of my air intake, i bought a $20 air intake at auto zone, and used a lexus afm adapter plate for the air filter and drilled new holes to fit the smaller 7mge afm, used random pipes i had layin in my garage, it doesnt look too bad, works great too

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Put your stock intake in for inspection...

Missed where that one needed to be cut. Looks like the filter is on the wrong end. The vac. nipple is on the other end.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
cuel;1438246 said:
Put your stock intake in for inspection...

If you persist in pointing out the obvious I'm not playing anymore. :icon_razz

cuel;1438246 said:
Missed where that one needed to be cut. Looks like the filter is on the wrong end. The vac. nipple is on the other end.

It doesn't have a bend sharp enough at either end to meet up with the TB either; Probably because what's pictured is an intake kit for an Accord, IIRC.

I just noticed they do say the kit does come with an adapter for the AFM, so there one of my problems with it off the list... just 43 to go.