Is It Flooded?

FLASupra

Boostin
Apr 17, 2006
South Florida
This happened to me once, when I owned a rotary car (RX3), I stalled the car and it would not start again, and it turned out it was flooded.
The real problem here is my 89 Supra turbo stalled on me when I was backing it into the garage, and it will not start now. The AEM wideband gauge reads 15.1 and goes up a little when I crank the car, the car was running fine up until I stalled it, is it flooded?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
It isn't easy, but you can. Pumping the acclerator or stepping on it less than WOT will send voltage through the TPS resistor, instead of IDL contacts, and the injection will increase.

FLASupra

Boostin
Apr 17, 2006
South Florida
Guys,

Thanks for the replies, I will have to troubleshoot the problem more today. I just got wound up with the flooding problems from the rotary world I was living in, similar problem :aigo:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You probably have a component failure. The low cost way would be the FPU VSV. A more costly way would be an ignitor, or a fuel pump and regulator.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
On this VSV topic, I have a question. I have good reason to believe that 100* coolant poured out on to my VSV more then once over the weekend when a bypass hose was leaking, and then even more when I fixed the leak.

The next day on my way home from the USGP, I started it after filling up with fuel and I immediatly noticed the FP was way high (3.2kg/cm instead of 2.2) and it wouldn't change from revving the engine. So I shut the car off, waited like 10 seconds, started it again and it was fine. Is it possible my VSV is now on the fritz or is it a regulator problem?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
mkIIIman089 said:
On this VSV topic, I have a question. I have good reason to believe that 100* coolant poured out on to my VSV more then once over the weekend when a bypass hose was leaking, and then even more when I fixed the leak.

The next day on my way home from the USGP, I started it after filling up with fuel and I immediatly noticed the FP was way high (3.2kg/cm instead of 2.2) and it wouldn't change from revving the engine. So I shut the car off, waited like 10 seconds, started it again and it was fine. Is it possible my VSV is now on the fritz or is it a regulator problem?

Disconnect the Vac line from the VSV to the FPR...you should get an increase. If you don't, bypass the VSV with a vac line from the TB source directly to the FPR and see if it decreases. If it does, you have a leak somewhere in the VSV loop or the VSV is stuck closed. The TRSM has a procedure for testing the VSV in the FI section.