Interior color?

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
While I am doing my build up I have decided to change my interior color from burgundy to black. Black everything headliner, trims pieces, seats, belts everything. My friends keep teling me I am crazy because the car is white (White package) and it will "clash" with the black interior. I think it will look great with a set of black wheels, black calipers, black rains guards and black lip the goes above the hatch glass. What do you guys think. If anyone has done this already please share some pictures!!

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEverything black? Sounds like too much to me.... but your friends should dress up more frequently. Ever seen anyone wear a white suit with a black undershit that is just slightly shown? Notice how nice it looks?

But black EVERYTHING...... interior-wise at least.... haven't seen it, but I can imagine it. Not to my taste, but it IS your car after all.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I did it on my last car. I haven't gotten around to doing it on the black car yet, but here are a few pictures of when i started.

2175162_67_full.jpg

2175162_6_full.jpg

2175162_7_full.jpg

2175162_87_full.jpg

Be careful when taking out the plastic pieces. 20 year old plastic likes to break.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
dcrusupra said:
I did it on my last car. I haven't gotten around to doing it on the black car yet, but here are a few pictures of when i started.

did you just use that vinyl and fabric spray die. i would like to mine black as well.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Inygknok said:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEverything black? Sounds like too much to me....

But black EVERYTHING...... interior-wise at least.... haven't seen it, but I can imagine it. Not to my taste, but it IS your car after all.

They're both monochromatic colors, how can they clash?

Don't listen to the "Mr. Blackwells", It'll look fine.

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
dcrusupra said:

2175162_67_full.jpg

2175162_6_full.jpg

2175162_7_full.jpg

2175162_87_full.jpg

Be careful when taking out the plastic pieces. 20 year old plastic likes to break.

Did you buy the black carpet or did you dye it? If you bought where did you get it and if you dyed it yourself what kind dye did you use?

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
I'm working on changing my interior to black as well.
Black carpet installed ($150), I dyed the head liner and painted the trim pieces ($40). Black triple gauge A-piller.

I'm having a custom fiberglass dash and door panels made that will be painted black and clear coated.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I bought the carpet from 1AAuto.com. I payed more than some people would like to have. It was $265 shipped for the front and rear carpet.

2175162_38_full.jpg

2175162_39_full.jpg

I haven't done it in the black car yet because I'm saving up for a lot of sound deadener and until my seats get redone. I still need to find a way to get the seatbelts black while keeping them stock.

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
silvergsx623 said:
I'm working on changing my interior to black as well.
Black carpet installed ($150), I dyed the head liner and painted the trim pieces ($40). Black triple gauge A-piller.

I'm having a custom fiberglass dash and door panels made that will be painted black and clear coated.

Where did you have the carpet done?

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
TRACKMKIII said:
Where did you have the carpet done?

I did it myself. It was such a pain. But in the end it was worth it.

I just layed the old carpet over it and traced out what needed to be cut. It was off by a little but enough to give me a general idea on where I need to be cutting. Once I got it in, it only needed a little more cutting and it was fine. It's also a bitch getting everything lined up.

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
suprabad said:
They're both monochromatic colors, how can they clash?

Don't listen to the "Mr. Blackwells", It'll look fine.

When did I ever say they clashed? Never, of course. My point wasn't even on clashing since I enjoy dressing up in black and white quite frequently. I'll explain since I don't think you honestly read what I wrote. My point was, imagine the interiors COMPLETELY black.... not so entertaining to the eye (boring might be a good word). Different colors help offset the interiors a bit.

I went with mostly black inside mine, with grey panels and all the plastics are silver-ish, in order to give it a bit of life inside.

Sorry if I sounded rude, but I don't like people saying I wrote things I never posted.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
plasti-dip?

personally, shadow grey or medium grey FTW... (doesn't fade and look like crap, came factory...)

many of the good products don't need any prep work beyond cleaning, sanding will leave scratches that will show through...