injectors

flaredsupra

supah
Dec 18, 2007
maine
ive looked all over this site and didnt find the answer i was looking for so here goes. Ive heard off wrx guys takeing there stock injectors and drilling them out . so i was wondering if u could do that 2 stock 440s 2 get more cc or flow out of them?

flaredsupra

supah
Dec 18, 2007
maine
7Mboost;896901 said:
IMO I wouldn't try it, if you need bigger cheaper injectors look into RX7 injectors.
true i just wanted 2 know if its possalble and is it alot harder 2 find rx-7 injectors then lex 1uz injectors?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Possible, sure. But the problem is that a drilled hole is not exactly a precision upgrade. In order to be sure that it's a good thing, you'd want to get the injectors flow matched, and then you might as well just spend the money on good ones in the first place. Widely varying flows from different injectors mean that the A:F ratios in the individual cylinders is different, and while the ECU thinks that it's okay (Because it's okay ON AVERAGE) one or more cylinders may in fact be running dangerously lean. Kaboom.

The only way that I could see this making any kind of sense at all is with a throttle body injection system, where there isn't so much requirement for matching different injectors.

flaredsupra

supah
Dec 18, 2007
maine
Dan_Gyoba;896928 said:
Possible, sure. But the problem is that a drilled hole is not exactly a precision upgrade. In order to be sure that it's a good thing, you'd want to get the injectors flow matched, and then you might as well just spend the money on good ones in the first place. Widely varying flows from different injectors mean that the A:F ratios in the individual cylinders is different, and while the ECU thinks that it's okay (Because it's okay ON AVERAGE) one or more cylinders may in fact be running dangerously lean. Kaboom.

The only way that I could see this making any kind of sense at all is with a throttle body injection system, where there isn't so much requirement for matching different injectors.
i was just askin because a frind of a frind worked at a place that moded wrx injectors in this manner so i wanted to know.