increasing steering angle?

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
i have a 1989 n/a supra, and there's play in the front wheels, i haven't really asked/searched how to get rid of it, but i should probably ask asap and get it fixed, and while i'm at it, i'm also wondering, is there a way to increase the supra's noobish steering angle? i just noticed when i took a pic of my car today that it's pretty bad, probably another reason the supra can't drift :icon_evil

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
steering angle? i dont understand. you mean the ratio?
by the way if you wanna check your ball joints, jack it up so the wheels are off the ground and shake it at 9 and 3 and 6 and 12...if theres play, you got some bad balls.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i am going to be trying this myth out very soon all i got to do is pull my motor and going to test it

going to be useing a gxl manule rack found on secound gen rx7's it look liek ti may work work with littel effort and it's lock to lock is less then the supra rack kidna suprice since it's manul rack as well

but i will see if it works and post if it don't

Yellow 13 said:
The RX-7 FC rack is supposedly a straight drop in.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Or completely disassemble the rack and cut an extra notch in it for that much more angle.
Apex-i did that to their D1 FD

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
yes but secound gen's lock to lock is less then the 3rd gen rx7 it's one and half turn less then the mk3 supra

suppost to be all find out soon eghough

as in cutting new notch in the rack it's not that easy you have to fill in the some of the rack end and then cut in 2 new notch's shave down the pump bump stops and ect

the best way to have rack is have the gear and rack in the center of the streering rack i have sean thes eon audi's befor and there turns are = on both sides

Last edited: