Import/export of a mk3

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Kai;1767740 said:
As for emissions...in the UK, it's only a two speed idle test, and cars registered before 8th August 1992 are exempt from needing a catalytic converter. as long as you're within 3.5% CO and 1200ppm HC, you're good to go. NOx isn't even measured.

Question, does this only apply to cars that were registered IN the UK before that date, or cars registered anywhere before then? For example, if one were to take a 1990 Mk3 to the UK, pass tech, would they be exempted from the cat requirement?

suprayo

Sep 9, 2009
Vancouver, WA
www.myspace.com
No need to be sorry. Someone else in the thread was asking about importing jdm cars from canada to the usa at the bottom of the first page. I understand that the op was asking about shipping to europe. So yes I did read the thread.

91Supra313;1767731 said:
Not to sound rude or even be a dick on this one, but have you read the thread at all or just the title? He is wanting to take one overseas from here. If he was wanting to import a foreign one, I would have posted the link to my Import Rules thread.

Also to the OP, if you are in need of a rear fog light, please let me know since mine still has the rear fog light on her from when she spent time in the UK. Kai you remember Bondy's Blue one he had.....I still got it. Still never took the rear lamp off either...lol.