I'm looking for some help, and I think i'm in the right place =)

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
Alright, so I have a stock 86.5 toyota supra.
Some quick details (keep in mind please that i'm young, and i'm just getting into mods etc. so I dont have extensive knowledge of much beyond the basics, tho I love me a supra lol)

-Non-Turbo
-161,000 miles
-New paint...unfortunately the guy I bought it from painted it the lame light blue original color. I prefer black, white, or midnight blue. Maybe even a dark orange if I wanted to get a little out there.
-Zero body damage
-Completely and totally stock

Ok, first thing I was wondering. I want to put a turbo in it, but heard that it was too much work and I might as well buy a stock turbo one.

Second, I want a new exhaust system, but have had trouble finding one that would fit a non-turbo.

Third, I want what i've heard called "sleeper lights". I dont know the proper name, but i'm sure someone could tell me. What does it take to install them and about how much would it cost?

I have many more questions and will post pics of my supra soon. Please PM me or post here if you can help me answer any of my questions thank you.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Don't fall victim to the "get a JDM turbo motor, and slap it in" method. You will be doing it over soon, if you do that. Save the mod money, and sell your N/A to buy a decent turbo car. That advise comes from hundreds of people here that have already pioneered that mistake. Don't try to prove it wrong.

MK3Supraman

May 28, 2009
olathe,ks
ok

the "sleeper eyes" you pull the retractor fuse and hand set your lights down with the knob on top of the motors

second:

if your goin turbo save up for the turbo swap BUT also save to rebuild it before throwing it in. and do it right or youll go back and once over it again

gl to you and enjoy your supra :icon_bigg

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
I would also advise waiting on the exhaust until after you've decided if you're gonna go turbo, or stay NA. No point in buying a NA exhaust if you're gonna go turbo.

But if you decide to stay NA, Find a place that can build a good custom exhaust. It will be cheaper, and you won't be limited to the 2 or 3 NA supra exhausts out there.

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
Ok so i figure i'll hold off on the turbo till i can get a good deal on an already turbo one. And i guess i'm gonna hold off on the exhaust too. lol