I'm giving up....

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
well.. I think I've decided to move on to a different project. I'm tired of mkiiis now. They just dont bring the excitment like they used to. My interests have changed, and I want to get more into road course driving, instead of straight line. I've pretty much decided on a c5 z06.. quick for the occational racing, handles well, looks sick. I'm going to keep my 92 for my dd for now, feel out the z06 make sure its what I want. But I'll probably end up selling it in favor of mods on the z06 ;)... now Just have to sell my mkiiis so I can have a nice down payment and leave more $$ for mods :)

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
SWEETNESS!!!

will be a nasty car when you get it

but selling off the mkiii's in this market will SUCK

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
tissimo said:
well.. I think I've decided to move on to a different project. I'm tired of mkiiis now. They just dont bring the excitment like they used to. My interests have changed, and I want to get more into road course driving, instead of straight line. I've pretty much decided on a c5 z06.. quick for the occational racing, handles well, looks sick. I'm going to keep my 92 for my dd for now, feel out the z06 make sure its what I want. But I'll probably end up selling it in favor of mods on the z06 ;)... now Just have to sell my mkiiis so I can have a nice down payment and leave more $$ for mods :)
Z06? For that price your MKIII would spank the shit out of a Z06 on a course or in drag.... shit you could almost redesign half the car from the ground up.... and people wouldn't think your a 40 year old with a midlife crisis in a played out car. I mean vette's are nice and all... but you already have a good platform... are you saying you can't make a MKIII a track car? Cause thats a load of BS!

angrydrone

I'm a real Canadian
Mar 11, 2006
Ft. Worth/College Station
SupraOfDoom said:
Z06? For that price your MKIII would spank the shit out of a Z06 on a course or in drag.... shit you could almost redesign half the car from the ground up.... and people wouldn't think your a 40 year old with a midlife crisis in a played out car. I mean vette's are nice and all... but you already have a good platform... are you saying you can't make a MKIII a track car? Cause thats a load of BS!

What's wrong with wanting something else? Just because he can build a track Supra for that price doesn't mean that it's what he wants. You could build a Mk3 that could own an exotic at the track, but when buying an exotic do people ever stop to think "Oh, maybe I should buy a 3rd gen Supra." No, they want an exotic for what it is. I'm sure that Tissimo has more reasons than just making a track car to get out of the Mk3 world.

Chris

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
SupraOfDoom said:
so? i can build a civic that'll run circles around a supra for even cheaper. But I dont want that. I'm tired of the supras, they're boring. Time for something new. Z06 fits my taste quite well :)

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Well, thats all fine and dandy, but just from what his post stated he was looking for what I mentioned... and a MKIII can fit that. If he's sick of them well I can't argue that.... then I guess get something else. I'm just defending the MKIII :p.

**EDIT AFTER TISSMO POSTED**

OK, I understand thats what you want.. I just don't see it.... and I'm just sharing my input :p

angrydrone

I'm a real Canadian
Mar 11, 2006
Ft. Worth/College Station
SupraOfDoom said:
Well, thats all fine and dandy, but just from what his post stated he was looking for what I mentioned... and a MKIII can fit that. If he's sick of them well I can't argue that.... then I guess get something else. I'm just defending the MKIII :p.

**EDIT AFTER TISSMO POSTED**

OK, I understand thats what you want.. I just don't see it.... and I'm just sharing my input :p

How did his post mention what you were saying? It says in the first sentences "I'm tired of mkiiis now. They just dont bring the excitment like they used to. My interests have changed..."

:icon_bigg

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
tissimo, sounds like you need a nice big turbo on your 2j, some tasteful body mods and a nice custom interior. t67dbb is greater than stock twins.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I know, I mean from what your sig lists.... it sounds like you haven't even had much power... have you tried racing your MKIII on a course? Maybe all takes is certain things to bring the excitement back to your MKIII.... but wheva I won't comment anymore, since your mind is probably already made up.

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
more power would be ok, but I'm really not craving it, my 2j on high boost is fast and fun.. and is as fast as a stock z06, so i'm covered there. As far as tracking my car, not really on a track, but do run it through some corners around town. Its ok, I need different suspension, hks coilovers are quite soft and still have some body roll. The brakes are horrible on the mkiii.. but not sure if the z06s will be a HUGE improvment (they are bigger, but still only like 2 pistons.. Can upgrade though.. c6z06 brakes:) ) After driving my twined 2j (TTC) and going back to my stock 7m, I miss the low end torque and grunt from low speed corners, and a big v8 will have a better powerband for that (also since they're mainly small low speed tracks around here.) I havn't tracked or riden in a c5 durring tracking, but I'm sure the chassis is much stiffer then my 91 targa car. A HT would be better, but I really dont want to build another one. Plus the Corvette is lighter then the supra. The interior may not be as high quailty, but it cant be much worse then a 20 year old toyota.

I've been looking at many other cars (STis, Evos, z06, 350zs etc) but the z06 seems to give the best bang for the buck out of the box.

My goals for the z06 would be 380-400whp (basically exhaust, intake and tune, maybe a cam), so will trap ~120 mph in the 1/4 and for racing my buddys on the weekend (mainly what goes down here) and then get full suspension to make it handle even better. If i want more power theres always a supercharger :)

Plus the c5 z06s are hot. Millenium yellow with ccw sp500s.. :drool:
6oly85.jpg