I'm getting married tomorrow

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Congrats Matt, and I'm sure everything will be great for the two of you...............as long as you know she's the boss.............:biglaugh:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I have a great wife. I'm the problem in our marriage (hence my wife wanting the divorce).

Don't listen to all the negative comments. Marriage can be as good as how much you and your soon to be wife put into it. There will be a lot of compromise that you will have to deal with.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
see I'm the guy that would stand by the car before the female.. but if the chick proved decent maybe I would change my mind. best advice I can give you is just live your life with her, if it doesn't work then you still got memories and all the good times.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
My advice to you:
Share a hobby, but have separate hobbies as well.
Laugh together often.
Straighten out the finances, and designate one person to handle the money.
Honesty is the best policy.
It's going to be tough, especially in the beginning.
If you have never lived together, it will blow your mind. Be prepared to compromise. You don't have to do it happily, but don't be a dick about it.
If you have to point out a flaw or something she needs to work on, do it tactfully. During that "honeymoon phase" you are going to be all lovey-dovey, and anything construed or interpreted as even remotely insulting to her will make her cry, pissed or both.
Try your best not to go to sleep pissed at each other. Fight all night and make up if you need to. Working in the morning? That is what coffee and energy drinks are for.

I'm sure I have more advice somewhere, but you will figure out the good stuff soon enough. Good luck, and I wish you happiness!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
My advice? Make sure she understands AND IS OK with you having some time to yourself (to hang out with friends or whatnot)

That's what's killing my marriage right now - she flat told me she's jealous that I get along better with my friends than I do her.

Also, opposites may attract, but you need to make sure you have some solid middle ground you can both spend time together with.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Marriage is like a hurricane, it starts with alot of sucking and blowing then you lose your house.

My uncle always told me "the fucking your getting now isn't worth the fucking you'll get later"...

Good luck with your marriage, Some make it I guess.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
so here are a few pics... Not from the honeymoon, dont have the right cable w/ us... lol

Stole these from FaceBook:
p669947_1.jpg

p669947_2.jpg

p669947_3.jpg

p669947_4.jpg

p669947_5.jpg