if you like pictures of supras...

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
...go here and look at the work by Dylan, Tim and Justin. They each have some wonderful shots of our Mid-Valley meeting. Make sure you click on the links to their galleries as well. Well done guys!

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Probably the best picture I took:

IMG_2131.jpg

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
JoeC said:
So Weez man,

Tell me.. please.. I want to hear it. DONT YOU LOVE THAT TURBO?! :biglaugh:

Actually I mentioned this to Justin (swaq) up on top. I actually preferred my 5 spd NA to my turbo auto for the peak run. And it isnt entirely because of the 5spd. What I like about the NA for that road is that you have throttle responce at all times with an NA. The corners on the upper section are hugely varied and include a lot of off camber turns and blind corners. In the NA I could keep it in the sweet spot of the RPM's and it was plenty of power for the uphill climb. With the Turbo you are either spoolin' or coolin' all the time with the on and off of the throttle. It might just be my experience thats lacking and knowing how to utilize the turbo better, but to be honest I would take an NA up that road against a turbo anytime.

Lag is not gonna get any better for me when I switch out to a medium frame t3/t4 coming up. I will however have more HP and torque to play with then. The only question for me is whether to do a 5spd swap or not. Im kinda liking the Auto at the moment.

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
I drove my brothers Auto for a while, I didn't mind.. I have a 5spd now and have been driving a 5spd celica as a DD for a while. I like both, but I prefer the 5spd just because I feel like I am doing more than turning a wheel. I guess being in control and such comes to my mind.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Oh, nevermind then, I was gunna tease ya if that was you, but I dont know that cat, so I wont make any jokes... :D