IE7

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Got a dose of the PC clap today that affected e-mail so finally installed ALL of the Windows updates over a clean Ghost Image and IE7 is part of it..

Only played around for 10 minutes but I really like it :D

Looks much better is faster and smoother and the tabs feature is cool.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i love the tabs, makes it crazy easy to switch between multiple threads/pages at once.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Clip: LOL ditto I'm way impressed!

Much cleaner layout helps as well.

I think there might have been some drivers rolled into the updates as well.

I turned off the Fuzzy Type fonts though they bugged me

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
I find IE7 incompatible with some things I find. And firefox sometimes makes it look like a website or video, etc doesn't work. But when you use IE it works. So I stopped using firefox.

IE6 is what i use.

sleepy8602

Supra fiend
Mar 14, 2007
D-Town,Tx
IE7 FTL

I find it takes up way too much memory, for those that know, I am not talking about HD space. I have IE6 as a back up, in case FF is not compatible with what I am browsing. I find FF loads up alot quicker and FF stops most pop ups, which is a huge plus.

Tabbed browsing has been around for a couple of years now, I guess MS finally noticed FF and its potential. That IMO is enough to make any company notice the "little guy" and its success, most importantly the reason for such success. Long story short IE7 sucks and FF ownz.

\

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
anyone know how to update or add a driver for IE7? mine won't play quicktime vids any more. i uninstalled and reinstalled quicktime, but its still not workin.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I've been using Firefox since it was a beta called "Firebird". If I ever came across a webpage that I had a problem viewing, I would switch to IE just to see that page. That small inconvenience was worth how smooth and fast the browser was compared to IE. These days, Firefox has been improved to the point where I never really see a webpage that I cannot view. I DO, however, need to occasionally close and restart the browser; this will happen sometimes when I have downloads going, many tabs and multiple instances of it open. At times, memory usage will get up to ~150mb, at which time I'll start having problems. Again, this is a rarity, and probably only happens because I really abuse the browser.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Based on that I think i will try firefox again. I had it long ago. It is probably better now. You're right I do notice that IE has a delay sometimes loading web pages for no reason and it is annoying.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Clip: Untick some of the IE preferences and see if that lets QT work?
(have a look in media player as well, just checked QT works fine here)

TW: Turn off the "Phishing detector" that might help

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Colin: LOL I used to be an UberNerd and had the very latest PC and software with ALL updates...... I lost interest and wandered away and just ignored my system while it worked and honestly couldn't say when any of this was released.

Knowing MS it's probably a good way to do it as it actually seems stable once I applied the 80+ patches ;)

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Yea, I'm waiting at least till SP2 before buying Vista myself...

A friend of mine can be the same way, I think he was using a version of FireFox that was over a year old just because he didn't think he liked the new one. :dunno: