I want to supercharge my supra.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
85celicasupra;1212234 said:
but if you wanna go with a whole custom intake then is could be a route (I believe that is a eaton supercharger)

p1212659_1.jpg

How many times do we have to look at that photoshop, instead of a real mock up? The Supra doesn't use a hot wire mass airflow sensor. It uses a vane airflow meter on the 7MGE. Where is the intake manifold?

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Tubby had a eaton based supercharger manifold for sale on here last month.Was that ever a finished engine,or just an idea that never panned out?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Nick M;1212659 said:
How many times do we have to look at that photoshop, instead of a real mock up? The Supra doesn't use a hot wire mass airflow sensor. It uses a vane airflow meter on the 7MGE. Where is the intake manifold?

Don't think that has ever run, I asked him for HP or a dyno sheet or maybe even a vid before he was banned here, no response at all.

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
Nick M;1212659 said:

is this a better pic for you
7MGZEredo.jpg

or what about these other pics of the "photoshoped" motor.
That "hot wire MAF" actually appears to be a throttle body.
7MGZE&

7MGZE%203.JPG

7MGZE%204.JPG

7MGZE%205.JPG

those pics describe here::
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=570172&postcount=79

all of that from here::
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20426&highlight=supercharge&page=8

Im not argueing or taking sides, just thought it was interesting that they have multiple shots of different angles of the motor.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Nick M;1212659 said:

How many times do I have to hear one of "the old guys" say that is photo shopped when it has been covered before that it is REAL.

With the addition of an SC and a custom manifold, do you think this person would still be using the stock air sensor? Has it crossed your mind that just maybe they were planning on using a different meter with MAFTPro or something...

Ugh. What is a real mock up to you? That is a real picture of the SC mounted on the engine. Custom intake manifold and all... Would you prefer a cardboard mock-up? Or are you just referring to the fact that it isn't "in car"?

I don't get it.

B-Supra

Dec 17, 2008
New Orleans
RockPaperSwoRD;1212565 said:
i think i know what you mean with the adaptor thing for the cone filter on a 7mge.

That was back when i didnt know much on cars.. sometimes things need to be modified to work, so i had to drill my own holes into the adptor to get the plate to line up with the maf.

But I have since swapped to a 1jz and its so much funner to drive.

Hey man, funny you mention that because yesterday I was determined to get the MAS adapter on my car and ended up just filing on side of it down in order for all four nuts to fit on.

Needless to say, it's on. Seems like the company who made it forgot to drill in in the appropriate holes leaving me to do it, or maybe it just really does come that way?

B-Supra

Dec 17, 2008
New Orleans
redrocco;1212515 said:
If someone wants to supercharge there 7m I would probably be able to make a setup to supercharge the 7mge or the 7mgte for one to two thousand $$. No idea how much power, if better power band then turbo ext... but you will have a working supercharger. Just finished up the supercharger manifold for the 1uzfe in my MA70.

Brett

You can make setups? You know the reason I thought S/C was a good idea was because I was told you could rip one out of like a Mercedes or Mini Cooper. Futher leading me to believe that this would be a cheap, and fun route.

I suppose it isn't so easy, but wouldn't an S/C have more acceleration opposed to top speed? Because turbo has lag, correct? But if you were to get a blow off valve could you correct the lag?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
suprarx7nut;1213093 said:
How many times do I have to hear one of "the old guys" say that is photo shopped when it has been covered before that it is REAL.

With the addition of an SC and a custom manifold, do you think this person would still be using the stock air sensor? Has it crossed your mind that just maybe they were planning on using a different meter with MAFTPro or something...

Ugh. What is a real mock up to you? That is a real picture of the SC mounted on the engine. Custom intake manifold and all... Would you prefer a cardboard mock-up? Or are you just referring to the fact that it isn't "in car"?

I don't get it.

It's the fact that people who have never worked with photoshop think you can press a button, or select an option from a drop down menu that'll automatically add a supercharger to an engine, and it'll automatically be at the correct angle, perspective, and it'll automatically shade it so it looks real. This isnt the movies where you see a lady press a few buttons and the shape of some dude's face changes...

If you haven't ever picked up photoshop folks, don't even bother claiming something's altered.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
B-Supra;1213196 said:
You can make setups? You know the reason I thought S/C was a good idea was because I was told you could rip one out of like a Mercedes or Mini Cooper. Futher leading me to believe that this would be a cheap, and fun route.

I suppose it isn't so easy, but wouldn't an S/C have more acceleration opposed to top speed? Because turbo has lag, correct? But if you were to get a blow off valve could you correct the lag?

theres 2 kinds of supercharger. the centrifugal and positive displacement. i dont remember which is which roght now but one adds power through all the rpms and one adds power at higher rpm(kinda like a turbo but not as effective).

top speed has more to do with gearing.

a blow off valve is used to relieve extra pressure from the intake system when the throttle body closes. think of if youre flooring the gas pedal at max boost and all of a sudden you let off, theres still alot of trapped air in the intake and if you dont have a relief valve, the air will go backwards to your turbo and try to escape by spinning the turbo backwards.