I want to supercharge my supra.

B-Supra

Dec 17, 2008
New Orleans
If I were to do this what type of supercharger would I need? And if there is a supercharger out there for my supra what kind of modding can I expect to be doing?

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
has been done before. But not common, mainly cause these cars did come turbo.

As for what supercharger would be best, would probably be one similar to this
1161f11493n03mf3p08c97ec6f75c4a171242.jpg

that is a procharger, and is probably the design you would want to go with.

but if you wanna go with a whole custom intake then is could be a route (I believe that is a eaton supercharger)

p1212234_1.jpg

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I supercharged my 240 and that was a pain in the ass since it was not made for the car. Sure it is different but man is it a headache.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
The thing is (and I didn't want to admit it myself at first), it's just not worth it on a Supra. Swapping to a 7MGTE or going NA-T with 7MGTE electronics is just much easier, will yield more power and will last much longer than Supercharging..

Tubbie's nephew (i think that's who it was) actually twin-charged his 7MGTE...

I was looking into supercharging my 7MGE, but I just decided to swap in a 7MGTE, and I couldn't be happier...

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
You want to supercharge the 7mge?
Contact 935 motorsports, they will put together a vortech kit for you for around 5k

B-Supra

Dec 17, 2008
New Orleans
Ma70.Ent;1212241 said:

Oh, hey, sorry about that. I'm still pretty new and prone to just writing post before I look around. But that thread deffinetly shed a little more light on the matter.

I wanted to turbo my car for a while, but it just seemed as if a supercharger was a cheaper, easier option. Guess not though. Hmm, maybe I'll try and do it anyway just for the hell of having a supercharged supra.

Thanks for the input everybody. Seems like the general consensus is "NOOOO!" hahaha.

B-Supra

Dec 17, 2008
New Orleans
Come to think of it, though I better just leave that idea alone for awhile. I'm having trouble replacing my airbox with a cone airfilter let alone installing a supercharger... Well, that is to say that I got the stupid thing on with the help of an adapter, but now I can't get all of the bolts on because the the way the screws are lined up on the mass airflow sensor. BUt, it still doesn't sit right in the car like it used to when I just had the airbox. I should of just listened to the guy at the auto parts store. :3d_frown:

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
B-Supra;1212274 said:
Oh, hey, sorry about that. I'm still pretty new and prone to just writing post before I look around. But that thread deffinetly shed a little more light on the matter.

I wanted to turbo my car for a while, but it just seemed as if a supercharger was a cheaper, easier option. Guess not though. Hmm, maybe I'll try and do it anyway just for the hell of having a supercharged supra.

Thanks for the input everybody. Seems like the general consensus is "NOOOO!" hahaha.

No problem.

Anyways, it's pretty much pointless to go S/C. Turbo is cheaper, easier, and in the end, it will be faster.

redrocco

QUADCAM
Feb 21, 2007
Rochester NY
If someone wants to supercharge there 7m I would probably be able to make a setup to supercharge the 7mge or the 7mgte for one to two thousand $$. No idea how much power, if better power band then turbo ext... but you will have a working supercharger. Just finished up the supercharger manifold for the 1uzfe in my MA70.

Brett

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
i think i know what you mean with the adaptor thing for the cone filter on a 7mge.

That was back when i didnt know much on cars.. sometimes things need to be modified to work, so i had to drill my own holes into the adptor to get the plate to line up with the maf.

But I have since swapped to a 1jz and its so much funner to drive.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
I've been toying with the idea of supercharging my Supra when I finish school but I don't think it will happen. I don't think it would be overly difficult but a turbo swap would be so much cheaper.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
lol! guys that have cars that came with superchargers put a pulley and exhaust on them, find out they can't make more power then spend great amounts of money converting their car to a turbo charged setup.

then there is the odd supra owner that has a turbo car that wants to super charge it. weird, eh?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Most times they think it's "cheap"

Personally I'd like to do a good SC install as the power potential is so high along with a sweet power curve (positive displacement NOT a centrifugal joke SC)

Way back I actually bought a SC and got as far as the planning stage before I realised I'd have to lose a few of the Supra mod cons to make it work so a Turbo was the logical alternative.