i think my sister is trying to 1up me

JoeyD

Feb 5, 2007
Oceanside, CA
So anyway, my 2nd to last car was a 'modified' Eclipse, then i had a 'heavily modified' Civic, and have now finally switched to a Supra. All these years though my sister has never cared for cars and always had some big ass SUV/Truck. Well, the other day was her birthday so i called to wish her a happy b'day and she told me she was at a dealership trading in her Suburban & getting a Pontiac GTO. Now all of a sudden she's talking about how much she loves it and is going to send me pics & has made a big deal about it having more HP then my Supra. o_O

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Oh no. sibling rivalry! Haha.. ok its time to start beefing up the supra! So tell us about your setup. We will help advise you as to your next step... Oh and tell us what she has? A new GTO is only going to have so much power even if you buy the fastest one they make right?

JoeyD

Feb 5, 2007
Oceanside, CA
well.. it's pretty sad actually. i basically have a stock 89 NA Supra & it's automatic. i got this one in particular because at the time i couldn't afford much of anything & thought 'well i want a Supra so why not'.

i just started a new"good" job yesterday but it's gonna be awhile before the money comes in & i'm able to do something. should i even bother trying to 'fix up' this Supra or look into selling/trading it and getting another?(well i know my gf likes this car so i may just give it to her)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Heh... just wait until your sis figures out that your 20 year old car has less mechanical downtime than her brand new American Built GTO. :D

And then wait until she figures out that your downtime doesn't increase when you drop in a 550 rwhp engine!

Don't worry about it for now, though, just let her have the thunder for a bit. Anything to keep another SUV off the road in favor of a sports car.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Just ask her to let you drive it.

Then post up the burnout videos :O

I hope she knows what she's doing, you can get yourself into a lot of trouble with a GTO. Really comfy cars, though.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
witch gto did she get the reg 350hp version or the ramair with 400hp either way i love those cars and i don't care that everone elses hates them lol

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
sure hope she's smarter than the idiot teenager I saw spin out and end up in a ditch with a broken suspension... even worse, he was trying to show off because of a 6 cylinder mustang...

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
i am thinking 1jz with single or 2jz swap.
1jz single can hit about 6-700hp peak gt35r setup
2jz single can hit 1000+hp

1jz about half the price more revs but with a 2jz you need the 1jz manuel tranny bell housing the 6 speed wont work easy

I say do a 1jz with single turbo set up and kill her..
it can be built for way under half her cost on her car.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
GrimJack said:
Don't worry about it for now, though, just let her have the thunder for a bit. Anything to keep another SUV off the road in favor of a sports car.

Quote of the day, hands down. I live by this statement and i couldn't have said it better myself.