I need your honest opinion!

rs4_supra

Sep 4, 2006
Wa
So theres a 89 turbo supra i have my heart set on i have the money and carfax and i made a deal with them that i would pay the full price there asking if they get a buyers inspection etc.... there asking 4500 anyway its a one owner and interior is almost flawless exept the cracks in the leather. Anyway the out side has one good scratch and one side of the wing is cracked and the antena is bent other than that its great paint is in flawless condition and its allways been garaged but im just skeptical and not so sure anymore if some won could take a look and tell me what you think it would be great! it has a clean title too! So i need to make a choice eathier wait and find a better one or get this one but so far i havent found any better ones in the seattle area give me your opinion!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...d_year=1989&start_year=1989&lang=en&cardist=9

that is the auto trader link tell me what you think im having a hard time trying to dicide!:1zhelp:

Last edited:

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
rs4_supra said:
So theres a 89 turbo supra i have my heart set on i have the money and carfax and i made a deal with them that i would pay the full price there asking if they get a buyers inspection etc.... there asking 4500 anyway its a one owner and interior is almost flawless exept the cracks in the leather. Anyway the out side has one good scratch and one side of the wing is cracked and the antena is bent other than that its great paint is in flawless condition and its allways been garaged but im just skeptical and not so sure anymore if some won could take a look and tell me what you think it would be great! it has a clean title too! So i need to make a choice eathier wait and find a better one or get this one but so far i havent found any better ones in the seattle area give me your opinion!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...d_year=1989&start_year=1989&lang=en&cardist=9

that is the auto trader link tell me what you think im having a hard time trying to dicide!:1zhelp:

no turbo and high mileage = no thanks for me.

If it was a clean turbo and under 100k miles I'd pay $4000+ for it depending on mileage. but a N/A with 180k to me is not worth more then $1,500.

rs4_supra

Sep 4, 2006
Wa
And they pretty much told me its sold to me and that they would wait intell i make a decsion its an older guy and he knows selling it to me it would go to a good home he bought it in 89 and it has 181thousand and no bhg non of the problems alot of people have there for kinda stateing it has been takin care of..... the mats that have supra on it have tiny bit of wear and back seats look brand new the targa seals are perfect look brand new no leaks. Motor drives great and runs fine no funny noises turbo isnt black is silver and clean i mean it just looks great but i need the supra mania and its opinion!

thanks alot _cory

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
It looks clean but not worth 5k IMHO. I would test drive it and get it inspected and go from there. If everything looks and runs good I would jump on it while I still could. By the way welcome!

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
the car is a turbo? i dunno why yours saying na

anyways. i think its a little much, depending on how bad the 'cracks' are in the interior.. I'm assuming cracked leather, but may just be wear marks and not really cracks.. it sounds pretty decent tough.. see if you can get him to 3500 or 3750 ;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
born2drv said:
no turbo and high mileage = no thanks for me.

If it was a clean turbo and under 100k miles I'd pay $4000+ for it depending on mileage. but a N/A with 180k to me is not worth more then $1,500.

It is a turbo. The car looks really clean. I don't care for the seat covers. How bad are the seats?..................lol

rs4_supra

Sep 4, 2006
Wa
just minor wear and cracks nothing really bad the back seats and carpets all around are perfect no stains etc etc. In other words the seats were geting wear and he didnt want them to get in bad shape so he put seat covers there really good considering the year etc.

thanks _cory

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
You sound like you've made up your mind already....

I paid $5000 for my 89T white package, and from the looks of the pictures, mine is a lot cleaner than that with only 102K miles. Complete service records, little old lady, et al.

Bottom line, if you dig it, pimp it.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
For that price you could do better!!!!
2500 tops...........................Sorry man I have seen nicer for less with less miles.

tea_mkIII

Aug 3, 2006
Claudville, VA
very nice...mileage + the cost= no buy...my 87 turbo has a 167k on it and i paid $900 for it, and its just as clean as this car when its waxed and shining etc. IMO i would give $1600 for this car tops, i noticed you said it hasnt a bhg, but honestly, it hasnt had a bhg YET would be the proper wording for that. I love my supra, ive had it for what almost 2 months now? and its honestly the most amazing car ive evet set in. If your going to buy this car for that amount, make sure you have some money to drop into it it is an older car and even if it was well taken care of, itll still need work. trust me if your planning on building this car, it gets addicting, haha feel free to ask any of us questions, were here to help, but when it all comes down to it cory its what you want to do man...just buy the damn thing:)

Tommy

rs4_supra

Sep 4, 2006
Wa
ya your right well i think im going to go for it i would have some extra money and i plan on building it up probly later this year so im just looking for a daily driver so im gonna jump for it! thanks for all your help!

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
i didn't see turbo anywhere in the autotrader ad.

to me i care more about rust, mileage and interior condition then anything else if i was looking to buy a new supra.

so i would pay $3,000-7,000 depending how good it was. since the mileage is rather high and the interior is "average for it's age" it would be closer to $3,000 for me.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
$4,200 is a good price for a car that clean. However, with that many miles there will be some hidden items that will need replacement. Basically all the rubber under the hood, small hoses, belts, etc. should be replaced. The stock radiators tend to clog up after 120,000 miles or so, perhaps this has been changed already. Ball joints will probably need replacing. Perhaps struts. Tranny fluid, power steering fluid and rear end gear oil should all be changed. Just trying to give you a heads up on other expenses that you should plan for, not trying to talk you out of buying it. Don't wait till it breaks to take care of these things, do it right, do the maintenance. If you can't afford these things, you probably can't afford this car.

On the seats, buy some soft scrub and scrub them with that, then buy Meguires Gold classic leather treatment and soak the hell out of the leather, it will make them soft again.

Good Luck