I need your help!!!

1_slo_92

Aug 21, 2006
Hillsboro Ohio
Ok after tearing the turbo off my supra tonight I have some questions. If at all possible someone please post a pic of the turbo side of the motor so I can point some things out. I have none and my camera is dead. Anyways, I have some vacum lines that weren't hooked to anything and I need to know where they go.

Two are on the black can looking thing behind the strut tower on the pass side of the motor, One vacum is on the back and is a metal line, the other is running out of the top and goes to nothing? The one right beside it is running to the catch can.

Also i've noticed that my top radiator hose when I squeeze it there is only a little (if any) fluid in there, but the car is circulating water/antifreeze fine.

There is 2 places for a vacum line on the thermostat (think thats where I seen em, will update if wrong) but only 1 has a line on it.

But yeah any help would be greatly appreciated, I know it's hard to go without pics but this is the best I can do right now. I need to get these tiny things fixed by next week when my turbo gets here. Thanks in advance for any help.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I will be glad to post some up tomorrow if you need them, but it's twelve fifteen here and I've got to get to bed. I have to install MKIIIVixens transmission tomorrow. Pm me if you need help with the vacuum lines. There should be a vacuum chart on your hood. Raise your hood and look for a white sticker about four inches by four inches...................lol

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
find the vaccum line diagrahm in the reference section. i believe the line that you are talking about that goes to the thermostat, should come back out of the fitting and go to the charcoal canister( the black can on the passenger side).

1_slo_92

Aug 21, 2006
Hillsboro Ohio
Ok thats it on the charcoal canister, Now on the lower side of the thermostat there is one coming about 6 inch's up but there is practically nothing to hook into? If someone can get a detailed shot of the back side of there thermostat with the accordian tube off I can point it out. Also thanks for the help guys.

confusatron

Aug 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
OMG ROFL!!! Thanks for that diagram! Apparently my vacuum hoses on my thermostat are reversed! The inner nipple is connected to the canister, and the outer one to the junction thing under the upper IC pipe. Does it matter?

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
i dont think so, when i saw that i switched them around too. Didnt do shit.......im still having a bad time with my car stalling out when my rpm's drop too fast. Thought it had to do with me taking off my charcoal one day cause thats the same day it happened, but everything seems in check regarding that :icon_conf