i made a mistake...

edgeil87

Feb 4, 2007
central illinois
i forgot overdrive was off and took it to 120 in 4th gear...it was at 7000rpm...so now needless to say the engine is done for. it sounds like i bent a valve, possibly cracked the exhaust mani, and blew the hg of course...:3d_frown: :cry:

stupid move on my part but some ppl just gotta learn by their mistakes!

edgeil87

Feb 4, 2007
central illinois
yeah ive been wanting to get a 1jz, now i have a good excuse to get one! haha.

the 7m still runs, i might just drive it til it dies considering id like to save up a little bit longer so i wont be dead broke when i get the 1jz

well im not 100% sure on it, somebody just told me maybe thats what it was...all i know is the ticking is coming from the head

edgeil87

Feb 4, 2007
central illinois
well it never made the knocking noise before the 7k rpm run...a bad hg wouldnt shock me, id rather have just a bad hg than a bad engine.

you think 7k rpm for like 5 seconds on a 107Kmiles engine would give it knock? i just changed the oil a day before i did this...

yesterday i put in premium fuel and an octane booster to see if it would eliminate the knock but it didnt help

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Wait, so you're just guessing that the head gasket is "most likely" blown? You don't know for sure? is it exhibiting any BHG symptoms?

And yes, you could have rod knock, but you also could have thrown a valve shim or two from those high RPM's...

I would take the valve covers off and look around...

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
edgeil87 said:
you think 7k rpm for like 5 seconds on a 107Kmiles engine would give it knock? i just changed the oil a day before i did this...
Yep. Wouldn't be surprised. Friend did that to his Mustang GT (4.6L V8), around 7k for about 10 seconds or so, engine only had 40k on it, completely messed up his rods and bearings.