I made a boo boo

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
not really but sorta, my freind and I were changing the fluids on the car today, I had the tranny and he had the dif, he started draining it and then whent to open the fill to help it drain (their was the mistake) sure enough the fill plug on the diff is seized in their, I tried pb blaster, I tried heating it up with a torch, nothing, I can't get an impact up their becasue I don't have a swivil bit, but still..any one have any sugestions other than droping the dif? I don't want to drive it any where since their is no fluid in it now....sigh I hate this crap.....

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
can you get the car jacked up high enough to get a big slut breaker bar on it? if so jack er up, give her some more penatrating lube and reef on the bitch. other than that, swivil bit and impact i guess :sadwavey:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Dropping the diff is easy... I did it in about 30 minutes... Dont sweat takin it out, it's not bad...Besides, when you have it out you can clean it up and get all the gunk and junk off it...

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
/\ tru, good idea, still the problem with a wrench tho is the suport brace that goes behind the dif, won't let me get a wrench on it so I have to use a socket, but I might just end up dropping it, what all is involved in it?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Remove the bolts holding the driveshaft, remove the many bolts on each side to drop the axles, then remove the 4 big bolts holding the lsd in place... It's not hard... Just be careful putting the bolts back in that hold the diff in place, because they are like floating in the frame, and can easily get cross threaded... So be gentle in the starting your bolts... *trust me :D:D:D*