I have computer question for computer people...

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
tlo86 said:
whats the refresh rate on your mon too? when its set too slow it will drag out like that a good refresh is 75+.

Yes, refresh rate is a possibility, but usually a problem with that is indicated by a flickering screen. The proper refresh rate depends whether you are using an LCD or CRT monitor.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Kai said:
only 512mb? That would have been fine for 2004, but hell, i have 2GB and i feel like i need another 2 just to keep up!!
LOL, me too!

Seems to me you need more RAM, your processor is pretty screaming at 3.4GHz so I doubt thats the problem. If it were the screen you would be seeing more of a "tearing" effect where the motion was occouring. Again, I say RAM is your problem. Since it doesn't have enough its having to go back to the (much slower) HDD to load up the page as you scroll, causing the laggy scrolling.

I don't run any spyware or antivirus programs, and never have any problems with any of it. If you do though, make sure you're actually getting Spybot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware...there are a lot of fakes and look-alikes out there. They're loaded with, you guessed it, spyware.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
dugums said:
Yes, refresh rate is a possibility, but usually a problem with that is indicated by a flickering screen. The proper refresh rate depends whether you are using an LCD or CRT monitor.

it'll do it with an lcd, when they first came out i had this problem with em lol the crt will just flicker and give you a headache after a few mins (surprised how many people use cheap mon's and suffer through the shitty refresh)

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
My computer is only 2ghz processor with 512mb ram and it works fine.
Yours is faster.

The only time I noticed when my monitor had the same symtons like yours have is when my computer ran without my graphics card. Once I loaded the drivers for the graphics card and go the card back on, the slow screen problems disappeared.

I'd say something to do with your video card.

If you cant fix it go buy a grpahics card and install it. If the problem disappears, then it was your video card.

If the problem still persists, return the graphics card and get your money back. That way you used the graphics card just for your testing purposes...lol...

Cheers,
Roy

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
I even changed my refresh rate to available frequencies and I do not get the same problem like Reign is getting.

I'd bet its the video card which is too slow.

Cheers,
Roy

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
Most likely he has to many background shit running. With only 512mb Ram and alot running that you don't see, it can suck it up pretty quickly. XP takes around half that just to run itself. Good Luck.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Sure your not pushing Down on the mouse scroll button? cause when you do that it starts a completely different type of mouse movement, Do you see a normal cursor or a round cursor with a black arrow pointing up and down? When I scroll I hate the floating cursor and prefer the normal cursor.