• White

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Black

Votes: 29 43.9%

• Total voters

Shaneisenahs

Feb 22, 2009
Gainesville, Fl
I have a white, all original (except oldschool chrome tsw rims on it that the first owner probably put on) MKIII N/A:3d_frown: with targa top that needs a paint job. bad.
My problem is whether to repaint it white, keeping a very clean stock feel, OR paint it black, ALL black, including refinishing the wheels, which are going to be refinished anyways seeing as the original chrome paint is slightly rusting away.
SO
1) Redone in white, keeping the black trimming, refinished chrome wheels
2) Redone in all black, refinished chrome wheels
3) Redone in all black, refinished black wheels
4) mix and match? suggestions?

...also have a turbo and manifold trying to either get rid of or strap it on..
any help making that decision? :biglaugh:

Attachments

• supra.jpg
    supra.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 40

hcorea

May 10, 2009
Kansas
www.cardomain.com
I'm gonna paint mine black with white stripes like this car -
576012_10.jpg

Last edited:

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
i think old cars need newer car`s colors, to keep them looking fresh. Mine is blue metallic and i have seen it next to a freshly painted dark factory blue and mine looks just like taken out of the dealer.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Purple candy with metal flake and ghost flames.:biglaugh:

Poodles;1317213 said:
Leave it white as a color change is a royal bitch to get perfect...

rechrome the wheels...

Indeed, do it white or do it right.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Black is a better color
But keep it white because its cheaper and will end up looking better

If you want a black supra bad enough sell yours and buy a black one even if needs a new paint job because black wont stick on white and if it needs any body work it will show more dings & inperfections even dirt.

Also its hard to paint the door jams inside the engine bay never will look right if not done correctly (expensive)

If you decide to keep it do the panda theme with it kind of like duanes CFX one with CF hood looks decent.

keep the rims chrome or get white or gold deep dish rims if going aftermarket with a white car.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
IMO the MK3 is one of the very few cars that look good white.
Door jambs are not hard to paint,and even staying the same color they should be sprayed anyways as they normally show some wear(it's actually easier to mask them off TO paint them)
Engine compartment is a different story,not hard to actually paint,just a PITA to take everything out in order to spray it.
Have you given any thought towards a pearl white?It wouldn't look too bad if you decided to not change the engine compartment.