I had my Supra running for a whole 20 min before...

tcsupra

Dec 4, 2008
MN
I got pulled over. I just left the the car wash and was heading home. I was not speeding but i have wisky plates so it's not unexpected. but come on 20 minutes! It's like 2 miles to the car wash and it's the only place I went. By the wisky plates are courtesy of my father. I do not drink.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Hell of a way to break supra in LOL. I got pulled over for doing a 1/2 block burnout when I got mine going.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I did a quick Google search:

Frequently Asked DWI/DUI Questions said:
The Police took my Minnesota license plates, what do I do?
If this is your second DWI or the test result was a .20 or above you will probably have to get "special series" plates or what are called "whiskey plates" such as these show below. Minnesota Statute 169A.60 lists the details and can be read HERE.

The picture below is of a "Whiskey Plate" or special series plate.

Minnesota Whiskey Plate
xw2.gif

How much do Whiskey plates costs in Minnesota?
Luckily, not as much as you might think. The cost is $50 for each vehicle the plates are issued to. Normally, the License Bureau of your county has the license plates on hand.

Reference:
http://www.mankatodwi.com/dwi_questions_and_answers_faq.htm

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Wow thats interesting, never knew they had special plates for ppl with mulitple DUI's. Too bad for your luck, except kinda heat score with those plates lol ;)

tcsupra

Dec 4, 2008
MN
Yeah I found it a little funny. It sucks having those plates tho. they don't need a reason to pull you over when you have them. Sorry about the spelling I suck at it.

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
tcsupra;1322455 said:
Sorry about the spelling I suck at it.

Looks like your father sucks at drinking and driving too. :)

Why don't you get new plates? Your father's offense, not yours correct?

cwd

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Maybe it's in his name, did anything happen or did he just pull you and check to see if you were drunk and look for other things and let you go?

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Well, thats pretty interesting..A few plates I would like to see : adulterer plates, meth plates, butt-head plates..

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
ZoomZoomZoom;1322609 said:
Well, thats pretty interesting..A few plates I would like to see : adulterer plates, meth plates, butt-head plates..

Those don't have anything to do with driving offenses, (but would be great none the less) But I would think they may come out with street racing plates?

tcsupra

Dec 4, 2008
MN
spinningheadboy;1322565 said:
Looks like your father sucks at drinking and driving too. :)

Why don't you get new plates? Your father's offense, not yours correct?

cwd
lol. Yeah I've been giving him sh!t about it since it happend. He co-signed the loan and the bank put his name on the title. The state will not let take his name off till he has a drivers licence. Also in this state anyone living with him has to have those plates. I don't live with him I did my other car would have them too.

Guyana00;1322576 said:
Maybe it's in his name, did anything happen or did he just pull you and check to see if you were drunk and look for other things and let you go?

Just let me go.

spinningheadboy;1322579 said:
I see that you are 17.....I'd be counting down the days to the B-day.

cwd
I'm 27

You only need to be caught once and you'll get those plates with a stay in the slammer for 6 to 12 months.