I got a new Shell Help!!!

88TurboMk3

Oct 10, 2005
Florida
As it says I have a new shell (87) I need to put a engine in and I want to know what would be a good engine to put in. What do you guys think? 7m, 1j, 2j, or v8? Any others that can go in please let me know.

I want to put in something that will just drop in with no real prob so any ideas will be great. I think the last thread was deleted so heres the new one. :1zhelp:

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Since it is an 87.. the easiest way to go is 7M. With some work 1J. with more money 2J. With even more work and money, whatever you want.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
7mgte is your only choice since the requirements are something that will drop in with no real problems............good luck

88TurboMk3

Oct 10, 2005
Florida
well Im not really worried about what will really just fit in but I think i want something new. I had 88 with 7m i wanna try something like 1j maby 2j what so you guys think?

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Heh.
I have a problem.
I looked under the hood of my grandpa's Lexus LS400.
Now I have a burning desire to take his silky-smooth UZ V-8 out and put it in my Supra.
If he's lucky I'll replace my lil 7M-GTE in there to power his barge. ;)

If you have the resources, more cylinders and displacement would be fun of course, but by far the easiest way to go it 7M. I don't think 1J is too much harder, just a bit of wiring harnesses and littler thing and such. If you're gonna go 2J, I'd say just go for V-8, you'd already be spending much time & money on it, and there are the brave few who have squeezed UZ's and Chevy V-8's, so you'd have some help and a super rare car.

Really all depends on how much time & money you're wanting to drop, everyone will have their own opinion.

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
not alot has to be done with the 87 to get a 1j in, i think it was cutting part of the crossmember off and putting 89+ round motor mounts on, and extending the engine harness and little rhd conversions. the 2j, and the UZ is going to need a lot of modifications. correct me if im wrong.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
RHD conversions? I don't think you'd want to tackle that one................:biglaugh:

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
SuperSupraKid said:
not alot has to be done with the 87 to get a 1j in, i think it was cutting part of the crossmember off and putting 89+ round motor mounts on, and extending the engine harness and little rhd conversions. the 2j, and the UZ is going to need a lot of modifications. correct me if im wrong.

To put a 1J in he just has to buy the BIC engine mounts or swap out the crossmembers to a 89+ one. Putting in a 2J is almost the same as putting in a 1J, it just needs more money.

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
You can also install a 2j running 1j electronics but I'm not sure what kind of potenial the 2jz has with 1j electronics. It'd probably the "easiest" way to swap a 2jz though. build up a 3SGTE and drop it in there, that'd be different.