I found a bolt on turbo upgrade!!!!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
No. It is not worth it using an EBay turbo.

Go to the MISC. Vendor section and check out Albert's thread. He rebuilds CT26s at a reasonable price.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Everything you need to know about this turbo is in the eBay add:

THIS TURBO HAVE A MUCH BIGGER COMPRESSOR WHEEL THEN STOCK OEM TURBO, THEREFORE THIS TURBO IS CAPABLE OF MORE POWER THEN STOCK, AND MORE MUCH MORE RELIABLE AND DURABLE THEN THE OEM TURBO.

Definitely ChinaSpeak...

1 year warranty (must be installed by certified mechanic)

What is the street address and phone number of this company?
Who does the mechanic need to be certified by?
How will you get your warranty honored if they cancel their eBay account and start a new one under a different name?

Buy from reputable sellers. Buying junk just leads to heartache and buying more junk to replace it when it fails prematurely.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
It's just an upgraded CT26. If I were going to go that way, I'd rather spend a bit more money at Driftmotion, and know exactly what I was going to get. $400 from the eBay vendor, and you get something that they say is upgraded, but you don't know with what parts. I'd rather pay the $650 and get the Garrett 57 trim wheel and a known reputable part. Maybe that's just me.

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Ya man thats a God piece of crap man. Go with driftmoition that's your best bet. Also that 1 year warranty is only god if you have a CERTIFIDE mechanic put it on so read the fine print bro. It's JUNK!!!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
There are decent "eBay" turbos out there; but, that one is right in the price range of an upgraded CT from a reliable source. For that reason alone, I'd pass on it.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
CajunKenny;1768718 said:
Does this thread qualify to be in the tech section? No dis-respect intended, just saying...

Didn't notice that Kenny - moving to general.

xnuclear23

Nov 6, 2010
California SoCal
V8killer;1768747 said:
I wouldn't go with any ct series turbo the sooner you get a real turbo the better ur car will feel but what do I know my post count is not that high.

True, but if you are going to go with a "real turbo" then buy a reputable turbo and not a cheap imitation of one.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
V8killer;1768747 said:
I wouldn't go with any ct series turbo the sooner you get a real turbo the better ur car will feel but what do I know my post count is not that high.

Just like how a standalone ECU is better than piggybacks. Upgraded CT is cheap and effective.