Hydro fan control unit location

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
mine is located to the right of the stock ecu. there is a connector that comes off of the harness over there and you connect the fan ecu and then it sits up on the side. thats where i put mine

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Hmm, thats strange, because i dont have one in my car. i'll take a look at the plugs near the ECU. some how i have a temp switch connected right next to the alternator and it used to control the fan speed before i had the ECU rewired, and then it stopped working. now the fan is just spinning at the default speed at any temperature. i'll try to post pictures today, because i need to make it work again.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
well the temp sensor is supposed to be in the Radiator.

but without it being in the radiator it will spin full blast

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Yeah it was in the radiator and it still is. it just doesnt turn the high speed anymore, i'm afraid to cause the damage. i guess after the ECU rewire i need to flip some wires or smth. Pics are comming in 2 hours.

Last edited:

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Heres the set up. Can anybody tell whats wrong with it, and how to make it work again. i couldn't find any spare plugs at the ECU location.

Attachments

• 1tt.jpg
    1tt.jpg
    881.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 2tt.jpg
    2tt.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 3tt.jpg
    3tt.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 19

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
nice uh wiring... on that first pic is that a plug taped off under the electrical tape?

did your car actually come with the hydro fan or was it put in without the ecu

Last edited:

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
wow your wiring looks like it came from hell. the sensor should be on the passenger side bottom of the radiator. i am also missing mine, it spins at the low speed not at the high.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Yeah Yeah, thats what happens when you dont do your research and do to a shady place in Riverside for the swap. The car came with hydro fan i just never realized i dont have the hydro fan control unit. do all 1JZs came with the hydro fan controls?

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
Pernilongo;959995 said:
Yeah Yeah, thats what happens when you dont do your research and do to a shady place in Riverside for the swap. The car came with hydro fan i just never realized i dont have the hydro fan control unit. do all 1JZs came with the hydro fan controls?

the supras that had 1jz came with the hydro fan, the chasers so on and so on we equip with clutch fans.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
if it had the hydro pump most likely it used an ecu, doesnt mean it came with it though. thats stuff you take care of before you have the swap done

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
has anyone been able to make hydro fan spin at variable speeds without the control unit, but rather using just the aftermarket temp sensor like the one in the pictures?