HP needed to beat a Camry - READ PLEASE and GIVE FORTH YOUR KNOWLEDGE

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
CryoSlash;954003 said:
So you'd rather use a MBC instead of the maft pro boost?
Personally, no, this is why I have the MAFT Pro boost control setup on the car.

Supracentral;954009 said:
I disagree here Grim. The reason I only run electronic boost controllers is I want accuracy. I want the same boost, every time, regardless of weather, temperature, barometer pressure etc. etc.

Manual boost controllers are notoriously inaccurate, and I'm not willing to risk a boost spike killing my motor.

You get what you pay for.

That's my 2 psi on the issue, your boost may vary.
Good point. I don't know how common accuracy issues are with the MBCs. Never had a problem (That I noticed, anyway) myself, but you're right when you say that the cost of an EBC and the time to muck with it is minuscule when compared to an engine rebuild...

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
My AVCR was a cinch to wire in. Learning how to use it took only a few days. But it's the best thing I've done to the car.

As for the ZW DDP, the product is awesome and there are many members who feel the same way. Fitment was like stock, the price was right, and it still looks like it did the day I got it in the mail: shiny.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
ILikeCarsYesIDo;954137 said:
My AVCR was a cinch to wire in. Learning how to use it took only a few days. But it's the best thing I've done to the car.
For this to be meaningful, you would need to know that your skill level with wiring and plumbing is about equal to or less than the OP. What is easy for you will not neccesarily be true for everyone else.

ILikeCarsYesIDo;954137 said:
As for the ZW DDP, the product is awesome and there are many members who feel the same way. Fitment was like stock, the price was right, and it still looks like it did the day I got it in the mail: shiny.
I have no complaints or experience with his product. I have been forced to clean up after his actions, which proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he has no respect for this community.

Put it this way. Would you send your children to a teacher convicted of sex with a minor? Why not? It wasn't YOUR kids, after all... Then why would anyone buy product from a man who has deliberately advertised and sold one product, then shipped something else?

Anyway, this is getting way off topic. Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Brake boosting is when you hit the gas and brake at the same time while rolling to build boost and when you let off the brakes you can have either full boost or almost full boost and you haul ass...sometimes...or you find out if you have a weak clutch lol

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I was trying to picture this in my head, the Supra vs. the Camry. I was telling my brother about it and this is the advice I came up with. Buy a hunting knife, stab his tires, not huge holes so he doesn't notice right away. If he still beats you, stab him ;)

lol... well of course I'm joking, but I really thought of this. I can't give you any better advice, or even advice considering everything you need to know has already been posted. Let us know what progress you've made or what you at least plan to do. If you undecided, still post what is going through your head, some sort of update would help us help you and we could help you decide.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Supracentral;954523 said:
I really wish you guys would research who you do business with...

How about one of our Authorized Vendors that are here, on this site, every day supporting Supramania directly?

I got the cheapest intake I found. Everyone else had em for around 130, and my budget's a little tighter than that.

The most recent time I tried to support our vendors (935), they screwed up my order on a gasket kit and somehow sent me a 4 cylinder kit... so now my head gasket job has to wait another week or two just because of that.:3d_frown:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Brake boost off the line (this is why autos rock), and hope your gearing beats him...

Simple bolt-ons (ESPECIALLY the stupid ass elbow and downpipe) will really open up the car.

That and I bet from a 60 punch you'd win, but don't hold me to it...