How much should I pay for this car?

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
I've been approached with an offer I really don't want to refuse. A friend of mine works at an auto parts store. An MKIII Turbo got the OMGBBQBHG in front of his store. The driver has requested a certain amount, but I heven't seen the car yet. What should I expect to pay? Doesn't seem like he's "one of us."

What do you guys think?

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Don't pay too much for it with a blown headgasket. Best bet is to take a look at the car first, low ball him, and if he doesn't accept it say that it is your final offer.... he will be giving you a call because he won't be able to find anyone that can fix the car for less than 800 some odd dollars.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
you're not telling us much about the car...

what year, miles, rust, interior condition, etc... These are all important facts in pricing a Supra. I could say 200 bucks right now but what if it's something nicer like a 91-92 with shadow grey interior?

details details...

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
If he wants to get rid of it, offer him 500 bucks. I live in Hayward and I can tell you you can buy Supras for pretty cheap. $2000 for a BHG car is too much in our area.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
OneJoeZee said:
you're not telling us much about the car...

what year, miles, rust, interior condition, etc... These are all important facts in pricing a Supra. I could say 200 bucks right now but what if it's something nicer like a 91-92 with shadow grey interior?

details details...

Okay, okay. My buddy says it's "pretty clean," but he owns a beat up 87 cherokee that he calls "nice."

Owner is asking 900. Opinions?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
you're still not telling me anything.

pretty clean is vague. what does that mean? pretty clean with a spot of rust?

do you know the year or any details like that. There's no way we could tell you a reasonable figure without any details on the car.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Supra86Point5 said:
Okay, okay. My buddy says it's "pretty clean," but he owns a beat up 87 cherokee that he calls "nice."

Owner is asking 900. Opinions?

What year????? if its 89 + , then haggle a bit and see if he bites. Still not bad for 900 if it is in good condition and newer 89+ models. Anything else,,,,you decide.

Or you cen tell me where the car is parked and I Can look at to give an idea. Don't worry, I don't need another SUpra. I have very desireable one for myself already. You can pm me.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Well, I'm going to check it out tomorrow since I have the day off. I was looking to get a feel to see if I can make it happen before anyone else takes a crack at it. Luckily the only 2 people I know in the area who know the "true" value of the car aren't looking. We shall see tomorrow.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
If it's a straight body with just a BHG then I would pay $900 pretty easy, but I would still try to talk him down by explaining the time, effort and $ it would take to fix it.

I got a decent 87 w/ 89k mi. on it for $1500. The paint was sprayed over with rattle can primer and it needed an AFM but other than that it was good.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
i would start out at 400-500 and just keep lowballing him. i wouldnt pay over 1500 for a BHG personally.<<<< thats for it being clean and nice. Thats just me

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Make sure everything works and fuctions if you want it for cheaper list the bad things and tell him you have a certain amount I have gotten so many cars by just throwing out lowball offer it sometimes takes a while but they will call you back eventually and want to get rid of it but anyways, also make sure it is a bhg it could be worse rod knock radiater misc. old hoses torn crippled, and just check EVERYTHING good luck.