How many of you actually sold a MKIII and later decided to buy another one?

suprat13

Jun 14, 2005
tn
On my 4th one. Third actually, the one i have now is the second time around.
First one was purchased in 96.

Sed

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Bought my first and only (86.5 Black/Tan 5-speed Sports Package w/leather) in October '05. So far it's had 2 engines and is about to get a 1JZ. Whenever someone said get rid of the car I tell them that I love it too much. It's the first car that I can say is 100% mine, bought and paid for. I will never sell it, unless it gets wrecked.

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
Ive had 3. First was NA 5spd targa, second was turbo 5spd hardtop, and current supra is targa turbo 5spd.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
first was an 86.5 NA 5sp, swapped in the 7mgte.
second and present car is a 91 originally auto NA swapped in a 1jz and 5 speed.

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
I got my car over 4.5 years ago. It's my only Supra and my first car also.

There were a few moments when something went wrong and I thought I was ready to get rid of it. And then decided I could not let go of it and fix the problem. And felt really good about keeping it.

It's to the point where there is nothing wrong with it and it's a daily driver. NA and automatic, not too exciting but I'm just happy it starts every morning.

I was just thinking maybe in a couple of years I might be able to get a MKIV. But the issue for me is that I feel like I have to choose between the MKIII and the MKIV. Even if I could keep both, for some reason I feel like I have to choose between the two cars.

It's weird because I ask myself if I were to get a car that wasn't a JZA80 as a second car (G35, WRX, Lexus SC 300/400, GS300/400, BMW E46 330Ci) in a couple of years would I feel like I have to choose between it and the MA70 and the answer was I wouldn't feel like I have to choose. I know I probably will not ever be able to afford or pay the amount that is for a car like a Murcielago, but I also ask if I had that and the MKIII Supra would I feel like I need to choose between the two, I said no, I would still keep both.

Perhaps its just a phase I'm going through, like those other times where I thought I was done with it and remember the sentimental value. I'll probably wake up soon and realized how much I love my MKIII Supra.

I have nothing against MKIV, I think it is one of the greatest looking cars from Japan. The car had great performance potential and has a look that still looks current.

Only one way to find out is to drive one I guess. I have driven other people's cars and I would always feel like I was missing part of me. A part that was only filled when I was driving my MKIII Supra. Whether it'll be filled by a MKIV only time will tell.

I hear of people regretting getting rid of their first car. I had always loved my car and never could get rid of it because I remember how much it meant to me. In recent times, I suppose I don't know. It not just the car either, it also concerns other things in my life. I guess it's like what a great buddy of mine said, a "quarter life crisis". Maybe I'm at a point in my life where I have to ask questions about everything about my own self and decide what is the next step for the future. A little sidetrack there, haha.

I know this all sound like nonsense, I suppose it is. Thanks for letting me relieve some stress. Well, I have plenty of time to think about it.

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
Well I didn't sell one I was in a accident and totaled my 89 N/A and would not settle for anything else besides another MK3 Supra and that's how I ended up with my 89 turbo.

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
I have had 4 in the past 2 years. 87 Turbo Targa 5-Speed/ 89 N/A Targa Auto/ 87 Turbo Sunroof Auto/ 91 Sunroof N/A 5-Speed. After I got the 89 I discovered it had been in a bad front end collision and the front frame rails were smashed in so I took all good parts off of it and put it on my 87 Turbo. Otherwise I still have both 87s and the 91.

Moneypit101

Sep 26, 2007
Richmond, Virginia
bought a 90 na then got a 86.5 na both 5spd sold both then got a 89 turbo still got that bhg 2 times now rob bearing, then got 88 turbo 5spd trached that then 90 turbo, trying to sell that and a 89 na spd trying to get running so thats...6 so far and im only 17 yrs old lol yea i dont have a life or a gf sooo supras are my life

boosted17

Jun 5, 2005
Florence, KY
I am on my 3rd Turbo supra. My first one (90) I sold to buy another car this is the one I regret selling. I would buy that one back in a heartbeat!
My 2nd one was a 91 I really didn't like that one gald I sold it. The one I have now 89 turbo targa I like a lot but not as much as my first one.

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
I have come to the conclusion that my MKIII is a keeper.

Wow, some of you really have a long list of MKIII ownership.

For some reason, I been thinking about a turbocharged cressida or a Supra-powered 4Runner. One of these would make a good daily driver while I have the Supra for the weekend driving.

89tMike

She’s getting there
Jun 23, 2007
Tampa Florida
First I had MK2 sold to get mk3n/a then sold and left Supra alone for about 3 years and about 3 months ago I got an MK3 Turbo w/BHG rebuilding it form bottom up!

Motofool

Oct 16, 2007
Spokane WA
my buddy had a supra so i bought one in Boston mass and drove it back to Spokane WA to then notice it had a BHG on the way home and then after fixing that noticed the car was being held together barely by rust and sold the car to a kid who blew it up 4hrs after owning it WOT everywhere upped the boost with no mods. now almost 5 years later im searching for another supra after i finished college.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
only supra i would buy to replace mine is a black 92 with shadow grey interior. if one comes up when i have the financial means, i would pick it up and swap over everything from my 88...

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
lets see, i had 1 crashed it sold it 1 1/2 to 2 yrs later baught my 89T, 6 months later baught an 88 w/bhg and i have been building that one for the past year and a half(1j see build thread). I'm almost done with it, i've been taking my time no need to rush. I'll eventually part my 89t out and have just 1 supra and a daily drive by next year(winter months)

Baught my first supra 90T in newark nj
2nd supra - boston ma 89t auto drove home with no problems
3rd supra - south jersey AAA'd it back

All in all i love them all if i could afford to keep the 2 i have i would be i can't =P

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
my buddy had an 87 rx7 and my other buddy had a 85 300zx.... both N/A's

I had never thought about getting a supra until they both started racing each other and I was stuck with my 1993 ford tempo.

they told me that power to weight ratio of all the N/A's for the 3 of them were about the same(supra,300zx,rx7) so I looked into getting the N/A but I found an awesome deal on a turbo and left my two buddies in the dust.

I had to sell my supra when I moved to california 6 months ago but I will be getting one very soon if things go right.