How Long has it taken you.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
Curious as to how long it has taken people to get to certain points on their car. Please post how long it has taken and the power(HP, TQ, 1/4mile times), your at now. Briefly searched but didnt find a topic exactly like this.

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
After a few minor things (alignment, change clutch master before it gets worse) I'd feel comfortable driving my car across the country and back. As far as being at the point of having a reliable, fun car, it's been running stout for over 2 years now.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I bought my 1987 non-turbo in December of 2002. I added intake and springs/struts within the next year, I believe. Pretty much left it like that until January of this year when it was totaled. Within the next week I'll have shaved a few seconds off my quarter mile time. ;)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
3 years and counting, get a DD, these things have a way of never dieing and sucking money so it will make you want to sell it at some points. It all really depends on your wallet.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Within 6 months of purchasing my last supra I made 350rwhp. Almost a year later I still don't have a title :<. I'm a little bit more mechanically inclined than paperworkilly inclined.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
it took me 3 months to get the car running after i bought it and installed most of my intake and exhaust mod's, i fired the car up with maft pro for the first time, and took it to the track no long after, i manged 15.7 all night the first time out, played with the pro some and went back a week latter and managed to get into the mid 14's, another couple of weeks, i went back and got a 13.7 @ 103 and bhg 100-200 feet before the finish line and i got out of it do to noise.. any ways took me about 6 months, i now own the car for 1.5 yrs and it is still getting it's motor pulled out every other tuesday it seems