How have you improved your car since you've owned it?

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
How have you improved your car since you purchased it from the previous owner? I believe that the previous owner of my car wasn't very mature. The car was dirty, there were many problems. Many of the interior parts were gross, blah blah blah. The tint is peeling horribly, you get the idea. Since I've gotten it, I've put in a low mileage JDM 7M-GE, new clutch, new front rotors, new brake pads, Kenwood headunit, Polk speakers, new shift boot, new shift knob, new emergency brake boot, and armrest. Tint is also getting put on tomorrow should look sweet. I also fill up everytime with 93 octane, I NEVER go lower (I LOVE my baby :love:). What have you guys done?

-Matt

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
My Supra when purchased was okay. Still is okay. The paint is not so good. Lots of clear missing. I leak power steering like nuts too.

What have I dont since I bought it. I put new driving lights in it! new wiper blades, little things. It came with a pretty neat sound system. Sony Xplod stuff(huge speakers next too the rear seats).

I really want to get the K&N FIPK kit and a better exhaust system(Mine is pretty annoying, makes it hard to hear a conversation, it just vibrates too much)

I just wish I had money!

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
my car was "tore up from the floor up" when I got it...lol

New Interior
Removed all of the old peeling tint
Replaced a bunch of hoses
Stripped the sawblades
Had it pressure washed (paint has NO clear on it anymore, but i think it still looks pretty good, i kinda like the "matte" look):naughty:
Put in a new stereo
Lots of little things... (battery, rad. cap, targa threads, etc...)

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Put all the moldings on the car, front end, new exhaust, sunshade, new gauges, little tune, cleaned the FMIC... some boring stuff, but it looks great to me.

-J

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i bought my car from a young 17 yr old high school kid.it was his first car and he beat it up for almost 8000 miles.he left a dealer bill of sale saying purchase price was $7000.i ended up getting it for $4500.i installed recaro interior w/momo wheel that blended in with the shadow grey perfect.i swapped a 1jz into it after a leaking head gasket.i also installed blitz lm fmic,hks super dragger,greddy catch can,greddy gauges(boost,egt,narrow band),apexi safc II,5zigen pro n1 wheels.alot of other little jdm stuff.i'm going single now after two sets of leaky ct12a twins.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Im not compltely done, but I will be in a montor two. Anyways since I got it last year, Ive rebuild the entire car. I think the only thing that hasn't been altered is all the nuts and bolts. When I drive it again it will be a whole new car. Even the vents and AC system has been thoroughly cleaned out to new. I can't wait

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
my supra was stock---but in mint condition.

i put in

K&N fipk
Custom 3 inch exhaust
17 inch ROH rims
Tires
test pipe
clutch
timing belt

sutff going on soon--
newer stickier tires
short shifter
7mgte

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
born2drv said:
Wow. Too many things to list, I started keeping my own log and made a webpage.......... basically anything that does not have a date next to it is not installed yet but sitting in my garage.

This is my list of "mods" ... mostly maintenance but lots of goodies installed too.........
http://born2drv.com/repair_log.html

Some pics:
http://born2drv.com/gallery/supra
Wow man, your car looks great. I love black. :love:

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
Thanks man, but if you look on page 2 of that album you'll see I have some bad rust. The body needs a lot of work, but that will all come once the car is all fixed up mechanically/eletrically.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
tanabe hyper medallion exhaust
magnaflow high flow cat
greddy type S bov
new tires
hks type 1 turbo timer
gauges
greddy profec A boost controller
probobly more

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Yea, my supra was pretty beat up. It didnt have a cd player in it, tires with no tread, bad paint, bad interior, etc.

I am in the process of switching interior colors.

I've changed the battery, tires, alternator, spark plugs, spark plug wires, dizzy, all new brakes for the front, new master cylinder, new rack and pinion, and a new windshield. And as soon as I get about $555 im gonna buy new window trim for the hatch and quarter panel windows. But i need a new engine and tranny first.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
HKS air filter, Changed te oil cause previous owner seemed to be lazy, doign mY hg during the break, and soon to get a 3 inch exhasut. No muffler baby :D