how do i hook up my mbc?

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
did you get an ebay mbc with about 8 feet of hose? if so i would just mount it under the hood because ive heard the extra long hose can cause slow wastegate reactions. but you use the hose that runs from the turbo housing to the wastegate. if you still cant figure it out then search google.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
yeah, it's not that complicated. Starts out as a 5inch long piece of hose that runs (as previously mentioned) from the only vacuum/boost nipple on the turbo to the wastegate.

Hope you have an aftermarket boost gauge, though. Otherwise you'll probably end up breaking something by having no idea how much boost you're running.

Just a thought.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Why are you trying to install a MBC at this time?
It sounds like you need to spend more time getting to know the basic operation of the car before you go killing it with something as simple as a MBC.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Kckazdude;992818 said:
Why are you trying to install a MBC at this time?
It sounds like you need to spend more time getting to know the basic operation of the car before you go killing it with something as simple as a MBC.

+1 on that.

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
next thread "why does my car keep jumping when i hit boost"

no seriously before you turn the boost up your gonna want to prep the engine for the added boost.

repair before mods is the best way get the car running properly new hoses if needed gaskets belts etc. then start thinking about turning up the boost.

purepontiacgto@

TeamRSImports
Apr 8, 2008
willits, california
I said Im new to Supras not cars. Car Has a New Timing Belt, 2.5 " metal intercooler piping, HKS MHG, 3" exaust turbo back, new water pump, and oil pump. motor is not in car yet just wanted some advise (on the mbc not what else i should do...........thank you again for your time!

Last edited:

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
The control line is eas to find on the turbo, the MBC shoud have instructions on what to do from there.

People are trying to HELP you with things that they're reading in to you being new to the car, and adding boost.

For one, you'll be running into the limitations of the stock fuel system soon. I didn't see any upgrades for that there. When people tell you that boost control is one of the last mods, there's a reason.

I have upgraded my fuel system, got everything in good working order, upgrading my IC and BOV, and, once I install my upgraded turbo THEN I'll be looking at installing boost control. I have an MBC in a box. It'd be simple to install, but I'm not ready to do it yet.

purepontiacgto@

TeamRSImports
Apr 8, 2008
willits, california
the mbc is a cheapy from e-bay (no instructions) and actually the reason i wanted to install the mbc is to LOWER my boost from around 10 lbs back to 7 or so.. i do thank everyone for there input i definantly dont know it all (far from it) my goal is to build a dependable daily driver these cars are quick enough from the factory! oh yeah and the fuel upgrade part your right ive yet to upgrade any fuel system parts. Do i need to, to run low amounts of boost , is the fuel supply a problem in these cars?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
That's not going to happen. A MBC can only RAISE boost, not lower it. You'd have to get a little more complicated than a MBC if you wanted to lower the boost, such as having a tank of compessed air in the car with a regulator set at what psi you are shooting for, along with a a way to regulate it to the motor when you want the wastegate to actuate.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
purepontiacgto@;993052 said:
well thank you looks like mbc staying in the box and im staying at around 10 psi darn lol

How are you at 10 psi with no boost controller? The stock wastegate is set at ~7 psi...

purepontiacgto@

TeamRSImports
Apr 8, 2008
willits, california
im not sure why im getting 10 lbs. 3" exaust? dont know car is new to me stock motor coming out tomarrow and jdm going in we'll see how much im getting then. could be gauge bad dont know its a stewart warner.

Aspec

Supra uber alles
Dec 22, 2005
Surprise, AZ
87mgte;993074 said:
How are you at 10 psi with no boost controller? The stock wastegate is set at ~7 psi...

Ya... but with less restrictive than stock exhaust and intercooler piping the stock ct26 hits 10psi very quickly.

With stock wastegate(no shims), 3"turbo back, 2.5" harpipes and upgraded intercooler I hit 14.5 upshifting and hit fuel cut on occasion.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I've got 3" turbo back, no DDP, 2.5" hardpipes and a bigger FMIC and I hit 10 psi all day long holding to redline, no boost controller of any type on the car. It's not hard at all once you start modding the car.