horsepower?

supratj

god tina, eat some ham...
Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
i just recently got done rebiulding my 7mgte, ( stock rebiuld), arp bolts, hks 1.2mm hd gskt, block was honed-decked- and hot tanked, head was pressure tested-resurfaced- and hot tanked, pistons hot tanked, crank was micro-polished, new hpf bronze clutch disc w/ stock pressure plate, intake, 3 in. exhaust from turbo all the way back,2.5 in. i/c piping, 10 lbs of boost, i dont have money for dyno, but was wondering if anybody could give me an idea of what kinda power im putting to the wheels?? thanx

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
When I first had mine dynod, I made 249 rwhp at 11 psi. I had stock intercooler and ic pipes. I had 3" exhaust from downpipe back. No cats. I had a manual bc as well, like yours. I'm guessing that you are right there at 250, maybe a little more since you have a five speed. I lose more since I have an automatic. You might make around 265. Just an uneducated guess, but I hope it helps you out.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
New rebuild, plus the above mentioned mods, if you push the boost until just below fuel cut, should net you ~325 at the crank, which is ~280 at the wheels.

Keep in mind that this is all armchair dyno numbers, your mileage may vary, take it to a real dyno to prove it one way or another.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
supratj said:
i just recently got done rebiulding my 7mgte, ( stock rebiuld), arp bolts, hks 1.2mm hd gskt, block was honed-decked- and hot tanked, head was pressure tested-resurfaced- and hot tanked, pistons hot tanked, crank was micro-polished, new hpf bronze clutch disc w/ stock pressure plate, intake, 3 in. exhaust from turbo all the way back,2.5 in. i/c piping, 10 lbs of boost, i dont have money for dyno, but was wondering if anybody could give me an idea of what kinda power im putting to the wheels?? thanx
Keep your ears open for a local Dyno Day as this is about the cheapest dyno time you'll get!

supratj

god tina, eat some ham...
Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
thanx guys, i was actually hoing for a little more, i might be getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator too, i dont know i just wish i had more money....

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
an adjustable fuel pressure regulator won't give you any more power.....

Do the things you need up until the point you want more, then do the other things