Hmmm, accident on friday.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
exander said:
^^^

For being cited with "careless" driving it does matter if he was "careless" or not. He may still be at fault for another reason but that specific citation is invalaid IF he can prove that he was not being careless when driving.

you're splitting cunt hairs my friend....would you have felt better if he said failure to maintain control of a motor vehicle?
it's the same level of severity in tx anyway

and btw,if you lose control of your car,without being hit first, then you are being careless, period

and as a professional driver, if i lose a tire, or a tie rod, and have a wreck, i am still considered at fault, for not properly maintaining/inspecting my vehicle.

neither of those occurences would fall under mechanical failure, and could also be careless driving, because my equipment wasn't right

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
^^ uhh, freak shit happens in the rain trucker, I've done a 360 on the highway doing 10miles under the speed limit in light rain.
It means fuckin shit to say someone cant drive a car because of a pudle of water. Saying something like cause I didnt inspect my vehical is totally different than saying he lost control because of rain.
It would have been his fault if his tie rod broke and wrecked yes, but rain NO.
Professional driver or not. environmental Vs mechanical problems is 2 different stories.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
D34DC311 said:
^^ uhh, freak shit happens in the rain trucker, I've done a 360 on the highway doing 10miles under the speed limit in light rain.
It means fuckin shit to say someone cant drive a car because of a pudle of water. Saying something like cause I didnt inspect my vehical is totally different than saying he lost control because of rain.
It would have been his fault if his tie rod broke and wrecked yes, but rain NO.
Professional driver or not. environmental Vs mechanical problems is 2 different stories.

bullshit...if you lost control of your car in the wet, you failed to mantain control...its called speeding for conditions.

my company lost a truck last month, driving down a muddy, wet dirt road(this is common in oil transportation). the farmer driving behind her said she did everything right. she rolled the truck,and is now unemployed. this happened at 5 mph....they didn't say "shit happens in the rain" they fired her for having a CHARGEABLE speeding for conditions violation>

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
99% of the people complaining about loosing traction are running crappy 225 tires on the rear, which is also the fault of the driver. I would not run anything less then a 255 on the back of a mk3, and change them before they are worn out. Loosing control from a puddle at low speed? A puddle of oil maybe. :biglaugh:

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
trucker said:
um....it's careless driving because he failed to maintain control of his car.

sorry if i'm coming off as cold, but if you cant maintain control of your car, in all conditions, you don't need to be driving it.

he could have gotten you for failure to mantain control, speeding for conditions, exhibition of acceleration, wreckless driving, wreckless endangerment, and several more things i bet, be thankful it's only careless driving.

not to sound like an asshole, but it is your fault, best thing is to man up, admit it, and "pay your dues",i don't think having your vp in for saying you wern't being careless isn't gonna work out too well for you, the facts as wou presented them show that you were being careless

I know it was my fault. I never said it wasn't. I asked for advice on how to make the "consequences" a little less worse.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
Ma70.Ent said:
I know it was my fault. I never said it wasn't. I asked for advice on how to make the "consequences" a little less worse.

yeah well my advice was in the last paragraph of the post you quoted.

most of the argument was for the other people that were putting out the driving while asian type crap.

the worst that will happen is a fine, prolly couple hundred bucks, and some higher insurance rates for a while.

its not like you're going to prision or anything....just keep your shit straight if you are worried about points, adjust your lifestyle, hauling ass around town is only going to make it worse, next time someone revs on you, smile and wave, you don't have to prove we're faster than a honduh, we all know that already!

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
1) You tried to acclerate, lost grip and then spun/slid into another vehicle.
2) Your 100% at fault for this.
3) Best you can hope for if you have to go to court is your principle saying the weather was really bad, and he did not think you were trying to show off or anything stupid like that.

No beating around the bush here.

On the subject Deadcell brings up. I used to deal with people who thought weather or road conditions were at fault, and they have no liability as a result of driving too fast for conditions, or following to close etc.

Reality is when your operating any vehicle, your responsible to maintain control of it at all times. Even when it breaks, slides or goes completely out of your control as a result of ANYTHING. You are still responsible for the vehicle.

The idea that "I was going 10mph under the speed limit, so it's the water's fault that I spun out in the rain" is foolish, but I hear it all the time, so it's not uncommon.